Looking to full time while keeping our jobs

Barkfamily

I have auto start in my motorhome. I. Have never used it but I think it starts when it senses a voltage drop from the batteries. I have no clue as to whether it also starts on temperature. Might have to read the manual.....lol.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Have never used it but I think it starts when it senses a voltage drop from the batteries. I have no clue as to whether it also starts on temperature. Might have to read the manual.....lol.

Could be.. and that's a much more common setup. Typically an auto start will kick on your genny if shore power is lost, but most have an optional sensor that can be added to detect a low 12vdc situation . Those are on the genset side of life. Having auto start doesn't automatically mean a low voltage sensor is also installed.

The temp auto starts are a different animal not actually having anything to do with your genset... directly. It's not terribly difficult to install, but requires more "know how" because the controller has to be wired directly into the control board up in the AC unit.

So... a temp auto start works to turn on the AC once "X" temperature is reached. It'll use whatever power is available. If no shore power is available then you rely on the separate genset auto start controller to kick over your genny.

Separate from that is the low voltage module/sensor.

The OP could get by with just an auto temperature start if they feel comfortable relying on shore power alone. It's the auto start genset package (in the event shore power was lost) that it's very practical in a TT or smaller 5er.

Archived