Oregon County Road 61 Crescent Road Cuttoff?

Velos

Will be heading east next month and planning the route through Eugene Oregon with a stop in Crescent, Oregon.

I see Oregon County Road 61 Crescent Road Cuttoff is shorter than going 58 to 97 and turning north.

Is Oregon County Road 61 Crescent Road Cuttoff a good road (wide enough) for a 40 ft fiver and MDT?

Are there lots of twists and turns?

Would it be better to got 58 to 97?

Thank you.

Personally, I would take the cut-off. You won't have any problems. It's plenty wide and a little curvy, but nothing major and it's a much more pleasant drive. Time wise.. you might save a little, but it won't be much. You 'will' be picking up some altitude though. Just from memory I think it's something around 5k but well worth the drive, IMO.

JM,

Glad you got a quick answer from someone who had driven the road.

What I like to do is use Google Earth to look at roads. In the case of Cnty Rd 61 you can use Google Earth to actually see a 360 degree photo of the road surface for any place on the road. Looking at it with Google Maps either with a smart phone or computer works too.

Not in a rush so the time saving isn't an issue thanks for letting me know it is a pretty drive.

Appreciate the Google Earth suggestion. I haven't used it lately looks like are some nice updates. Also seems to work faster and the Google Maps Lite is real nice for a quick views.

Thanks again.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

First post here.

I have been an Oregonian my whole life.

Crescent Road Cuttoff is a great road. Our 42 ft Toyhauler has been through there many times. We are members at Cascade Meadows Resort.

Note: As soon as you make the turn off 58 onto the cutoff " floor it" . It's a big hill. Get a bit of a run at it.

Archived