How to find work

Dharvey25

I am new to this forum, my wife and I have been RVing for a few years now and would like to full time but don't know where to start..I am a union electrician and would like to stay doing that, wondering if anyone has any info on following large construction jobs across the country or becoming a "flea" within the IBEW I am not able to find any info on either when I searrch.

Welcome to the forum. You will find this is an endless source of folks who full time and many who full timed for a long time but have gone back to the sticks and bricks. I am pretty new at this so I will step aside and allow those that have done it help you out! We found work but not in your line of work. I wouldn't think you would have any trouble at all with that type of skill but I am not sure where to point you to start. I know there are several retired electricians on the board so maybe they will see your post.

Welcome to the Escapee forums! It just happens that the founders of this club were "gypsy electricians" as Joe Peterson used to call them. Most of the first members of the Escapees were in construction trades and followed the jobs from place to place. As the previous post suggests, the first place to check is with your union rep as they should be able to put you on to a source of jobs. From there, consider joining the Escapees RV Club to establish your domicile in TX and so not have many of the problems that come with other locations.

Do keep us informed as you move ahead as we are happy to assist and support you!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 3 weeks later...

You could try calling the local and speaking with your BA he should have some leads on jobs all over the country. Im a Union bricklayer I travel all over for work in refineries and power plants. I can access the BAC website and see a list with contact info on the jobs listed across the nation that are hiring.

Start with your BA. Good luck!

Archived