More Trouble UPDATE: Found Twisted Bearing Shield!

mysticmd

Hi All - here we go again; we got to the Virginia International Raceway near Danville/Alton in Va. and we are pretty sure the turbo is going on the 2003 dually F350. We've got the 37' toy hauler, but more importantly two old German Shepherds besides my husband and myself. We'll know tomorrow if someone from our area of SC is going to drive up to at least pick us up and get us ( or me and the 2 dogs)home; Husband will talk to track, but pretty sure we will have to move the trailer as we are in a full hook up and this is a busy busy track. I have not a clue what is going to all happen - none of it good, I imagine, but wondering is there anyone in the area of VA/NC that we cld park the trailer if we have to get it out? Just putting feelers out at this point; any suggestions certainly welcome. Thank you, Mary

Sigh of relief. Diesel mechanic came to track, we had the turbo, etc. ripped apart, put it all back together so he cld test it on the road; with multiple heads hanging outside the truck as it was moving, zeroed in on the middle of the truck - and guess what? Back several months some lovely garage pressed on some bearings - and apparently left the old dust cover on to the point where it flipped off, was spinning around, got mangled and was banging on other metal pieces. sorry I can't be more technical at this point. But thank you all for your views and concerns. Some day I'd like to get around talking about how slides work and how they should sit, etc. One thing at a time any more. Husband will get one day of racing in; has already withdrawn for today, so I guess we can relax, and now he can get some sleep as with the worry of how to handle this - no sleep last night.

Archived