I found a surprising 11.6" notebook/tablet on Woot

RV_

$179.99??

It's amazing to me what has happened to prices on Windows 8.1 systems now that the free Windows 10 upgrade is no longer available. Refurbished systems from the factory with a 90 day warranty are lower than I expected. I own this exact model and it is a very fast system it has the top Atom Z3795 which allows this system to run both 4GB of RAM and full 64 bit Windows. While it has 64GB of SSD storage, this model has a hard drive bay where you can put an extra 1TB harder drive or SSD. Since SSDs are not subject to damage if dropped while running, and of course the 64 GB main drive is an SSD. I put a spare 100 GB SSD in mine as I had no need for more, but I have several 640GB and 1TB 2.5" regular laptop hard drives that fit it but I prefer an SSD on portable systems because bumps and accidents won't wipe them unless they are burnt or crushed/mechanically damaged. SSDs also use less power and generate less heat, as well as Beijing ten times faster or so.

For folks who have had Windows tablets, which are full computers, but had limited ports, I chose this one because of its connectivity, even to a flip down full size Ethernet port. It has

(1) Microphone-in/Headphone-out jack

(1) USB 3.0 port(s)

(1) USB 2.0 port(s)

(1) RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert

(1) Micro USB

(1) micro HDMI

Tablet:

(1) micro USB

(1) micro SD card

I own it and love it. It even has 720p HD for movies. it's on Woot today and I expect it to sell out. Remember, YMMV, just because I like it, does not mean you will. Same large screen size as my Surface pro 3 and the Surface Pro 4. But if you've been wanting a Windows Tablet, this one works as well as any other laptop. This one can be used on your lap without falling over a the time.

http://computers.woot.com/offers/asus-transformer-book-11-6-64gb-tablet-2?ref=cp_cnt_wp_1_3

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived