OT: Real Life Experience With 6.4L Ford Powerstroke

SuiteSuccess

Ok, have my fire retardant suit on so flame away. Traded the F450 in on a Ram 2500 Laramie with the Cummins Diesel. I'm not a brand loyalist, Dodge dealer just made me a better deal. Ram's interior actually outshined the Ford according to DW so that influenced decision.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Enjoy the new truck!

When I sold my SuperDuty it marked the end of over 20 years of Fords exclusively. I thought I would never own and drive a Chevy but that is exactly what I bought last time. While I still prefer Fords, I have no regrets purchasing the Chevy. After being so brand loyal for so long it will be little things that will drive you crazy. For example I found that the switch for locking/unlocking the doors are 180* different in both placement and operation between the two brands. So if I am not looking at the switch or thinking about it , I will lock the door when I want to unlock it or find my finger on a window button instead of the lock button.

I am sure you will enjoy the Dodge for many years to come. You may even find a few things that the Dodge does that you wished your previous Fords would have done! Enjoy!

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Rick,

My truck before the Ford was a Ram with the Cummins. Owned it for 15 years with absolutely no issues except a blocked injector at year 15, so I have a lot of faith in the Cummins. Surprisingly or maybe not so surprisingly my 450 sold while we were signing the papers for the Ram.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Ok, have my fire retardant suit on so flame away. Traded the F450 in on a Ram 2500 Laramie with the Cummins Diesel. I'm not a brand loyalist, Dodge dealer just made me a better deal. Ram's interior actually outshined the Ford according to DW so that influenced decision.

You will be a happy couple with your choice! I have a 13 3500 Laramie and love it. I have had 6 Ram's since 2001 and have enjoyed them all with no major issues. Now you have two "proper" diesels.......STRAIGHT 6!

Chris, Tracey, Aria & Lola

2018 Volvo VNR 400, D13 I-Shift

2018 NH 48' Majestic

You will be a happy couple with your choice! I have a 13 3500 Laramie and love it. I have had 6 Ram's since 2001 and have enjoyed them all with no major issues. Now you have two "proper" diesels.......STRAIGHT 6!

Thanks. I am partial to the Cummins but had also read good things about the 6.7 Scorpion and would have been happy. Just came down to the deal. Turns out the Dodge dealer was across the street from the Ford dealer so he called me when we left to have lunch from the Ford dealer and said he would beat any deal they made me and he did. I must say many people have met my wife, 5'2" 120 lbs., I'm 6'4" 235 lb. but she intimidates dealers much more than I ever could. She gets right in their face and tells them how the cow ate the corn. I do the research, she does the talking and we always get a decent deal with a few things thrown in on the side. Think she should have a chapter in Trump's book "The Art Of The Deal.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I've had several Rams over the years. A good family friend was a VP to Lee Iacocca back in the 80's. We always got really great deals from the Chrysler Plymouth Dodge Jeep dealer in our town.

That Cummins is a great engine. Truck will wear out before it does.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

You do not need a flame suit for me. Ford and their dealer left a lot to be desired, with my F550 problem.

I have an Explorer and the engine has those goofy "get stuck in the head" plugs. I had my mechanic replace them well before the 100,000 miles. Only one broke in the head, but it was removed, without pulling the head.

BTW . . . I have many friends who are really pleased with the Cummins engine.

I was always a die hard ford guy and still have one, but it has a cummins in it now and a lot of other go fast foolishness. In 2010 I fell in love with Dodges new body style and bought a mega cab dually with Laramie package. I loved the truck. Didn't have much use for it after buying the big truck so it's gone now but would not hesitate to buy another tomorrow. Funny thing was is like you I wanted a Ford. I tried but Dodge just treated me way better. They have me way more money for my trade and dropped substantially lower on the new truck.

I was always a die hard ford guy and still have one, but it has a cummins in it now and a lot of other go fast foolishness. In 2010 I fell in love with Dodges new body style and bought a mega cab dually with Laramie package. I loved the truck. Didn't have much use for it after buying the big truck so it's gone now but would not hesitate to buy another tomorrow. Funny thing was is like you I wanted a Ford. I tried but Dodge just treated me way better. They have me way more money for my trade and dropped substantially lower on the new truck.

Like I said "the deal" was really made by my wife. Wish I had a picture of her face when she didn't like the initial offer from the dealer. Like a chihuahua facing down a bulldog.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

Guess from what I here the 6.7 s are the comparable motor to the 7.3s and if they hold up like my old 97 7.3 has it will be a winner my truck has a quarter of a million miles on and still is running strong the usual maintenance oil changes glow plugs other than that no major problems.

Had a 76 chev pickup three motors two tranys later finaly got rid of that thing I also had a dodge what can I say if you like a lot of noise this is the truck for you. guess you would call me a ford fan.

Archived