replacement parts - Volvo 780

Vegas Teacher

Hello all from Las Vegas,

Once again I am starting to get serious about my shopping for a Volvo 780. I really appreciate those who helped me on the overall length of the Semi so I could figure out if my father in law could store it for me or not.

I am looking in the 29K - 32K range in price. I know at that price point I am going to have to be realistic in what I am looking at and realize work is going to have to be done to it. Those of you who have done it can you tell me how hard it is to find the replacement parts and relative expense of those parts for the interior of the semi??? I know different parts cost different amounts but those of you who have done it could you just shoot me some typical prices on stuff like new seats and the rubber flooring and that kind of stuff.

Thanks,

Cory O - Las Vegas Teacher.

P.S. I am going to be there some day soon.

If you are looking for factory replacement parts, Your best bet is to stop at a dealer, armed with a list of parts and a vin # for a similar truck to what you are looking for and have them price them out

If you want used, you will have to see if there is a scrap yard nearby that handles semi tractors but they make make you buy a whole cab for good parts.

If you are handy you could simply replace seats with ones from mini vans like we did and like us shown in the resource guide. Also I believe RandyA recently had a posting where he painted his rubber floor. Cheap and looked good.

New seats can be expensive, stop in at truck dealer parts department for test fits.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Cory O/Vegas Teacher:
Here is what I will share when it came to searching for a 780... Overall condition of the interior will show how well it was maintained. If its beat to crap inside.. the rest is going to be pretty close. A friend of mine from Boulder City just picked up a 2013 VNL780 3 weeks ago in Phoenix. We had another one similar in Pueblo Co that we almost went to get.

Details on the phoenix truck.. 2013 VNL780 D16 and iShift. 736,000 miles on it. Came out of Amarillo hauling cattle to Nebraska and Ohio processing plants. Brand new front tires, matching set of almost new virgin rear drives. New batteries and alternator. He has had to replace a bunch of air line fittings, front axle air bag and shocks. He purchased it for 32,000. (see the Dual Sighting in Vegas thread for pics)

Pueblo truck was a 2012 VNL780 and they wanted 30,000 for it. Roughly the same miles.. D16 and iShift, but had cab damage to the back wall of the truck from an unsecured load. It did not need to be replaced and could have been left as is. It had all brand new tires, and we had no history on the truck. Truck was a burgundy red with a lot of cosmetic body damage.. (light stuff, nothing bad besides back of cab)

As for parts... I just take the part #'s off of what ever part you need and google it. It's like shopping for anything else at that point. Seats... I have a friend that spent 2100$ for some leather gel padded seats and he HATES them! I just picked up a set of 2016 Toyota Seanna van seats that will get modded to fit my truck. $150.00 and they are brand new.

The one other thing I will add is this... If you are buying used with 600,000+ miles on it.. do NOT expect it to be perfect. Yes there will be issues with the truck.. Make a list and deal with the problems that REQUIRE repairs and worry about the cosmetic issues later. No matter what you buy (Besides new) it will need SOMETHING... There will be chips, dents, scratches...

W

Those of you who have done it can you tell me how hard it is to find the replacement parts and relative expense of those parts for the interior of the semi??? I know different parts cost different amounts but those of you who have done it could you just shoot me some typical prices on stuff like new seats and the rubber flooring $500 from a dealer. Unable to locate an aftermarket mat "made" for the truck and that kind of stuff.

Thanks,

Cory O - Las Vegas Teacher.

P.S. I am going to be there some day soon.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Archived