Photobucket

SWharton

I have a new computer and am starting to test my secondary programs. My problem is Photobucket. It thinks I have pictures but none show up when I click library. If I click slideshow my pictures show up. Photobucket in generally is acting funny. I can't create new albums but that might be related to no pictures displaying. I have tried different browsers, cleared history, cleared cookies, cleared cache.

I have searched Google and can't find anything that is relavent. Since Photobucket doesn't work anyplace I am assuming it is something on the computer. Does anyone h ave any idea what?

My only reason for using Photobucket is to load pictures to RVnetwork. Is there another product I could use?

I have brought Firefox up in SAFE mode and Photobucket does not work.

I was logged on, uploaded a pic but it never showed. Created a new account with another id, still nothing. This morning I was going to start deleting programs in newest first order since I know it worked a week ago or so. I decided to do a final check and all is well on both ids. I only use Photobucket lightly and sure wouldn't put my trust in it after this incident.

thanks for the input.

I been using it for years and have several accounts in order to manage my photos. Let me know what other program you find that you find to be better. I would be interested in back up program also. I don't like all my eggs in one basket!

Still seeing Places we have never seen before and others that we thought we would never see again!

homelesshartshorns | Trying to spend the last Dollar on the Last Day! (wordpress.com)

George Hartshorn | Facebook

I just use it casually to get photos loaded onto websites like Escapees and slide shows for my blog.

I primarily use Photoshop Elements for storing/organizing/editing all my photos and Smugmug for albums that I show people.

I have looked at Google Photos etc. but have in inherent distrust of the cloud stuff overall so I start with Photoshop Elements on my own computer. Been using it for 18 years and it meets my needs.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

RV,

I just looked at Imgur not sure it buys me anything. The benefit to Photobucket(for me) is that I can create a slideshow and can load the HTML into a blog for viewing. Also, Photobucket seems to be the only way I can put a picture into the Escapees Forum. Imgur seems to be a way to share photos but didn't want to create an account to see what else it could do. I will keep it in mind if I have additional problems with Photobucket Thanks

I have been using photobucket for yrs also. Posting on the websites i make, ect.. one time i had an issue an was a privacy setting for the slideshow. Only other program i use similar to that is Vimeo. I'm also one of those who do NOT Trust the cloud.

2000 Itasca Horizon DP (Got Total During Irma). 

Vice President of Charlotte County Defenders LE MC

http://charlotte.defenderslemc.com/

I have found the problem but I don't understand why I have a problem.

The Cg we are in has so-so internet so I have been using my hot spot mostly. Today, I managed to latch onto the CG wifi and noticed Photobucket was fine. I switched to my hotspot and Photobucket stopped working. To the best of my knowledge I have no restrictions on my hotspot. I was able to upload photos to Google Drive with no problems, Photobucket doesn't show my albums, my pictures or anything when connected to the hotspot. It seems to be one sick puppy when using the hotspot, all OK with wifi.

At least I have a solution now.

I have tried 3-4 programs for embedding a slide show in the last couple of days. I have found that Proshow Web works very well, is easy to use and, up to 15 images, is free. There are many transitions available plus you can add music. Other bells and whistles also. For my travel blog it appears to work great, need to put up with advertising.

Imgur has some interesting potential but I have not used it other than creating an account. I have used photobucket for years just fine as well.

I have not done gifs or animations, nor online slideshows. But my website is dated and is changing hosts from EarthLink to GoDaddy.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Archived