Do you expect magic from your transmission (and drivetrain)?

Dollytrolley

Funny how this comes back around to technology...

Autonomous cars & trucks are around the corner, and your talking about man vs machine gear selection.... I must digress ?

Curt

2001 Freightliner Century, 500hp Series 60, Gen 2 autoshift, 3.42 singled rear locker.

2004 Keystone Sprinter 299RLS (TT)

2 & 4 Wheelers!

2013 Polaris Ranger 800 midsize LE

Our motto "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!"

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny how this comes back around to technology...

Autonomous cars & trucks are around the corner, and your talking about man vs machine gear selection.... I must digress

Curt

Some time ago when airline tickets were free I was on a never ending "tour" of North & South America and a crew member remarked that we would be replaced before retirement by a smart auto pilot........we were riding the terminal Autonomous Looping Railway at DFW that night and..........the darn thing just stopped for a hour and would not open the doors........

Well I am retired and dumb pilots are still pushing buttons on the smart auto pilots........I am sure that plenty of dumb passengers are just waiting in line (shoes off) to buy a cheap ticket on a flight with a smart auto pilot made out of recycled DPF Re-gen computer parts...........

Drive on.........(sure hope the auto pilot on the old Freightshaker is happy today....)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Archived