Buying Lifestyle 5ver?

Cathy and Paula

We are considering buying a 2016 Lifestyle LS37CKSL. It is new and we know they are out of business but the dealer is going to give us a 1 year warranty with a company called extra ride. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Should I be considering this? The big slide makes us very nervous but we keep seeing more and more rvs with the big slides. The company being out of business makes of the most nervous but we think Evergreen did make a good product.
The MSRP on this unit is $125,707.50 and we can get it at $65,000. Any thoughts????

Thanks

Cathy and Paula
US Air Force Retired
2016 Lifestyle LS37CKSL/2016 Ford F350 DRW
Fulltiming since Aug 09
Blog http://www.pclivinthedream.blogspot.com/
Blog http://www.pclivinthedream2.blogspot.com/

I almost bought one that the dealer was offering a seven year aftermarket warranty on. My wife, however, didn't like the colors in the unit and couldn't get past that. I think you can negotiate a little more on the aftermarket warranty.

I wasn't so worried about an orphan coach. Other than getting in an accident and having to replace an end cap or front cap, most everything else on the coach is built by someone else and assembled to make the Lifestyle 5er.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

I do not have an issue with buying an orphan. We are on our sixth orphan trailer. No issues with them.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

I dont feel that they are worth the price.

You don't think they are worth the MSRP or you don't feel they are worth the $65K being asked? I would agree if you say it isn't worth the MSRP. I disagree it isn't worth $65K.

I have a 2016 Alfa Gold built by Lifestyle. It is a great coach. Very comfy.

Get them to give you at least a 3 yr warranty. If they want to get that orphan off their lot, they'll do the deal.

Here is a link to the owners forum.

http://www.carriage-lifestyle-owners.com/portal.php

I agree with remoandiris

we own 2013 Lifestyle LS35SB ours also is a great coach.

If you check on RVtrader for your model number there is one dealer giving a 3 year warranty but asking $85,000 but didn't find MSRP price.

Good luck on your decision.

2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN Rear Air 4:10's

2013 Lifestyle LS35SB, MORryde IS System, disc brakes

AIRSAFE™ Air Hitch

I was between a Lifestyle and DRV when we were looking. I liked some things over the DRV, but they were a new company, only a couple of years ago and I wanted to go with a company that had been around for a while. Even when lots of manufactures went out of business when the economy crashed, DRV survived. So hearing that they are now out of business, conferms my fears that I had.

I would ask for a 3 year warranty also. But make also sure that if there are any issues with the unit that the dealer will take care of them before you sign the papers and give them a check. So plan on days of inspections and make sure everything works as designed.

Good luck.

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

I was between a Lifestyle and DRV when we were looking. I liked some things over the DRV, but they were a new company, only a couple of years ago and I wanted to go with a company that had been around for a while. Even when lots of manufactures went out of business when the economy crashed, DRV survived. So hearing that they are now out of business, conferms my fears that I had.

I would ask for a 3 year warranty also. But make also sure that if there are any issues with the unit that the dealer will take care of them before you sign the papers and give them a check. So plan on days of inspections and make sure everything works as designed.

Good luck.

I had the same concerns which is why I went with a 6yr extended warranty that I use every 6mos or so when I go on the road.

George

2011 F350 6.7PSD CC 4X4 DRW Lariate
2015 Mobile Suites 41 RSSB4 5th Wheel

• 4 weeks later...

Well we have the Lifestyle and have been living in it for 2 weeks now. It is very different than our motorhome so it will take a little time to adjust. So far we are pleased except for the tankless hot water heater. We are still trying to figure that thing out. Thanks for all the input.

Cathy and Paula
US Air Force Retired
2016 Lifestyle LS37CKSL/2016 Ford F350 DRW
Fulltiming since Aug 09
Blog http://www.pclivinthedream.blogspot.com/
Blog http://www.pclivinthedream2.blogspot.com/

Well we have the Lifestyle and have been living in it for 2 weeks now. It is very different than our motorhome so it will take a little time to adjust. So far we are pleased except for the tankless hot water heater. We are still trying to figure that thing out. Thanks for all the input.

Did you not get a bag full of manuals with all of the equipment installed in the rig?

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

• 2 months later...
Cathy and Paula:

if you are considering buying a quality 5th wheel, LOOK AT THE VALANO BY VANLEIGH. Hopefully I spelled it correctly. If you talk to Motor Home owners who have a Tiffin product they will tell you that they will always buy a tiffin. Well the Vilano is a Tiffin Product. Vanleigh RV, Inc is produced by the Tiffan family. We are going back to a 5th wheel and have decided to buy a Valino. check them out for workmanship and price.

sorry if I am late with the info.

Archived