Looking for a place to winter

Toddleti

Hi,

We haven't been there yet, but we've heard good things about the Escapees Kofa co-op:

http://www.kofako-op.com/theretreat.htm

You have to be a member of Escapees, but membership is pretty inexpensive at $40/year and well worth the money in itself.

Cheers,

--

Vall & Mo.

Getting ready to join the RV full-time lifestyle in 2017!

A a 13 year snowbirder in Yuma, there are approx. 73 RV parks in the area. I will say RV parks are not created equal! Some were built before slides, doesn't make them bad though. Some have 1000 sites. some 156, and anywhere in between. Some are further out of town, some near the Union Pacific railroad tracks. Only you can decide what amenities you do or don't need. Power price and the charge to read the meters can vary. My standard message to first time folks, DO NOT make a long time commitment before checking out parks. You could lose some money or spend a miserable winter. Come down, take a week or so, and drive thru parks high-lighting or low-lighting what you like or don't like. Also there are private RV lots (not in parks) that are very popular in the Foothills area. Go to Craigs List, Yuma, vacation rentals. There will be prices and most with pictures. Again, do your home work. If I can be of help, just PM us. We are sitting in Vegas now, and will probably be in Yuma around the first week of October.

How about checking Volunteer.gov web page for AZ. You can get involved with the local parks and usually get a free FHU camp site. If you don't like it you can always choose to leave. We tried it and have been hooked for 4 years now and now have a goal to volunteer in all lower 48 states.

Greg

I just looked at volunteer.gov. I had never heard of this site before. Net site. Is there a similar site for volunteer positions for private santuaries etc.?

You need to read the volunteer forum here as it is mentioned often. It has become the main place to locate volunteer for RV pad positions in federal lands and a few states are sometimes there as well. But since not all positions ever get posted to that common site, I strongly suggest that you also look at the NPS Volunteers In Parks website and also at the USFWS Volunteer website for wildlife refuges.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived