cdl question regarding farmers in washington state.

runaway parents

This is a state relative item. In Maryland, farmers need Exempt CDL (Non) license for the Class of truck and allowed transport up to 150 miles from the farm.

The State Listing of Drivers Licenses for HDTs in the Resource Guide had the state manuals for drivers licenses.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

ND and Minn also have the farmer CDL exempt program for within 150 miles of the farm. We drive sugar beet trucks for a ND farmer and the wife just has her regular drivers licenses. We don't pass any scales on our runs, but no log book or medical cert is required and we work 12 hours or more straight each shift (DOT only allows 11 hours driving in 24 hour period). We even see 16 year old farm kids driving big trucks. It's crazy and seems like a free for all, but it works well and after the first day everyone is driving like a professional.

Greg

Yes for WA you do need to stop. You MUST be farm plated, you MUST have your DOT# on it, and you MUST be the producer or working direct for the producer, and what you got on MUST be produced by them. Basically if you get a bill of lading when you pick it up you better think twice about hauling it. They can check weight, paperwork, walk-around the obvious, and whether or not they can do a level 1 on you is pretty detailed (ie: you better really know your stuff before trying to decline it). There are a ton of other things but you better give us some context first.

Even though I am CDL, me and farm plated trucks and Wallula scale have a good 15 some years of history.....

Well there ya have it. Thanks for the state specific answer Scrap.

Sorry I was late to the party :)

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Pat,

My Vols looked pretty bad. Better see a lot of improvement before the "Battle of Bristol". Can you imagine 150,000 fans?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Yep--very state specific. Here in IL we are considered commercial if you drive to the second nearest elevator rather than the closest one (and we had to fight for that). And you can drive a farm plated vehicle w/o a CDL if you meet the requirements---but you HAVE to have a medical card for any trailer over 10K. IN and WI are totally different.

No camper at present.

Way too many farm machines to maintain.

Archived