Anyone in the Saint Paul, Minnesota Area Able To Look At Truck?

mrrrl2

I found a Volvo that before I hire an inspector and get a Dyno done, I wanted to see if anyone in the area can take a quick look at, I am willing to pay for your time (be reasonable now...). You can PM me. Seems OK but I all see is pixs the sales guy has sent. Also I have the VIN, is there a way to get a build sheet? I was looking at another and the sales guy was able to send me the sheet which listed everything the truck had from the factory, 9 pages in all, very detailed. Is there a service to provide this? Looked in the resource guide didn't see anything on this subject.

On a side note, Pat Lester, you and Doug Roberts still hang out?

I called Volvo and got my build sheet. I think the dealers can also get it for you if they want to be bothered. Most don't.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

OK, great simple answer. I whet to the Volvo USA site and here is what they said:

1.3 Q: I need a spec or build sheet on a truck. How do I find a build sheet?

A: To obtain a specification or build sheet on a Volvo truck you must contact a dealer. Speak with the Part Department and give them the VIN of the truck that you are inquiring about. They will be able to get the information for you.

So I guess I am off to the Volvo dealer.

Thanks for the info.

Apparently the truck is on their lot about 20 miles from St. Paul. So I wasn't able to get there. If anybody is on the south side of the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul) they should contact mrrrl2. I won't have time to get there until mid/late this coming week.

'03 United Specialties truck conversion, Freightliner FL112, Cat C12, 10 sp Autoshift, 295" w/b, 26' living quarters.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

Sorry I missed this posting as I came up from the South yesterday. I head back down on Sunday and may be able to check it out then but I do have our truck and trailer this weekend so it might not work. I will be back up Tuesday thru Thursday with a car for my last work trip before moving to South Carolina so I could look at it then. I sent you a PM.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Star Dreamer sent you a PM, Thanks for the offer!

Pat - This is Bob Lance, I was on the LY Spear in early 90's as Senior Repair Superintendent along with Gonzo, Noah and others. JoAnn and I are, as you can tell from the above post looking to retire soon and looking to get into full time RV'ing. We are currently in Utah but do visit VA for family. Was just there this past May for a wedding.

Actually I mixed up a little bit. I think it's on their lot about 15 miles EAST of St. Paul. Not south like I thought. I think I got the suburbs mixed up because their names are similar. Sorry.

'03 United Specialties truck conversion, Freightliner FL112, Cat C12, 10 sp Autoshift, 295" w/b, 26' living quarters.

St. Paul, MN

www.bobwinsor.com

I stopped and looked at the truck for mrrrl2. It looks pretty good. I have sent my comments and a link to pictures to mrrrl2. If he OK's it I will post the link here.

Bob, hopefully you will be picking up Bob (mrrrl2) at the airport really soon!

Dave

Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Comments:

Headlights foggy

Small crack in front air dam

Crack in passenger fender

Grille broken

Crack behind passenger side front bumper.

Small mirror on passenger side fender (no picture)

Some rust on back frame and rear axle.

Inner drivers rear tires are badly cupped on inside edge

Has table but no cushions

Has front window curtain and sleeper curtain.

No pads, all brakes are drums, could not check thickness of brake shoes.

No fault codes on display that I could see.

Could not see date code on rear tires which are Yokohama's and look yo be virgins.

Found one date code on steer tire of 3914. Steers are BF Goodrich.

Rusty inverter and engine heater plugs.

Some paint tub marks on back of cab along with missing bolts in center rear of cab.

Small spot of rust on passenger side inner door edge.

See pictures at the following link:

http://s485.photobucket.com/user/strdrmr78/library/Whit%20Volvo%20730/White%20Volvo%20730

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Bob and Exile, glad we could be of assistance.

The test drive was too short and only drove it around their yard. I had a meeting to be at so just wanted to make sure it moved!

Oh my, you have found the Event Horizon! How much do they want for it? I am not sure of your budget but you might want to broaden your search area. Much cleaner trucks to be found that have spent more of their time in sunnier places. Then again the trucks that Gregg takes in are from Canada and are usually much, much cleaner.

Chris, Tracey, Aria & Lola

2018 Volvo VNR 400, D13 I-Shift

2018 NH 48' Majestic

Archived