Gatlinburg / Pigeon Forge Christmas Trip

txdslshop

So... My wife is really wanting me to take the family to Gatlinburg for our Christmas trip this year. We did Disney in Orlando last year as I am more of a warm weather kind of guy. Anyways, I gotta make momma happy on this one. So, I would prefer taking our toyhauler and staying at an RV park. I found twin creeks in the resource guide and they are closed that time of year. So, I was hoping someone on here had some recommendations for a fun place for a family with kids to stay during Christmas. Any info would be appreciated. And I am not sure if the Volvo will make the trip or not depending on weather. Thanks in advance. Jeremy

So... My wife is really wanting me to take the family to Gatlinburg for our Christmas trip this year. We did Disney in Orlando last year as I am more of a warm weather kind of guy. Anyways, I gotta make momma happy on this one. So, I would prefer taking our toyhauler and staying at an RV park. I found twin creeks in the resource guide and they are closed that time of year. So, I was hoping someone on here had some recommendations for a fun place for a family with kids to stay during Christmas. Any info would be appreciated. And I am not sure if the Volvo will make the trip or not depending on weather. Thanks in advance. Jeremy

Google campgrounds in Seveirville TN. Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Sevierville is all one continuum with a central parkway connecting. Hard to tell when one ends and next starts. Very crowded and busy especially on weekends. Lots of traffic so several campgrounds right off I40 in Sevierville on the river. Would be easier to base there and get into and out of with trailer. We live south of Knoxville and go couple of times a year but never camped there. Beautiful area, wife and kids will love it. Also if you have time drive over to Smokey Mountains National Park and drive up to Cade's Cove. Breathtaking. On edit I know Jim & Allie's Carrilite have stayed there. He will probably chime in. Meanwhile will see what I can find and will re-post.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Check out Two Rivers Landing RV Resort and River Plantation. We have driven through Two Rivers. Very nice but might be pricey.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Any thoughts on pulling my rig with the Volvo versus my 4x4 Dodge 3500? Not sure what to expect as far as road conditions. Excluding the obvious braking differences, of course. I am not sure how crowded things will be with our long rig. Thanks!!

I assume you are coming I40? Should be no issue but we do get snow in December. You will have real difficulty trying to maneuver the parkway if you are going to use the Volvo as your commuter after you park. I have taken my F450 over there and you can find parking but not as easy as a minivan. Don't think you could find parking with the Volvo. Feel free to email me a ecrcarl@gmail.com with any questions.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

If you're looking to stay warm, I've seen a few posts recently about Anchor Down RV Resort which isn't too far away in Dandridge, TN. The place looks to be a little pricey for me, but sitting outside by the fireplace looking out over Douglas Lake might be worth the price of admission for some...

11990381_881302005295478_360622860548882

IMG_0952.jpg

http://www.anchordownrvresort.com

I've not been, but pictures like that definitely put it on my list of places to check out. Doesn't look like it would be too difficult getting in with a long rig.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

Anchor Down RV Resort

Closed Dec thru Feb, until March 3.

Well, I guess I missed that. I'm kind of surprised--that whole area is pretty popular around Christmas.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

Well I showed the wife both campgrounds and we will be staying at the KOA in Pigeon FOrge and Hot Springs KOA on the way back. Good thing I gave her two great options. On a good note, I called both places and they say they can handle our rig. We are excited to have the trip scheduled. Now I better get to work on the Volvo!! Thanks again for all of yall's help!! Jeremy

Archived