Fifth Wheel Front Bedroom Closet Storage Ques

mysticmd

Hello, I'm guessing that 5er front bedroom closets are about the same on the inside with the back of the closet wall coming in and slanting out due to the shape of the nose of the trailer. They put in a wire shelf incorporated in the clothes rack, but there just seems to be space not utilized and a bit inefficient. Has anyone seen or done anything clever with the curvy wall for storage? Thank you. Mary

There can be an issue of moisture accumulation on that front wall if there is not enough air circulation over it. Same inside of outside wall cabinets. This limits the ways that space can be used. Surprisingly, shoes fit up there better than most other things but leather being leather, expect some mildew if it does not vent well.

Another use is for very long things which don't fit much of anywhere else. Things like fishing poles, which don't live happily in the basement without casualties.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

Are you talking above the clothes hanger if you have one or below. If below and there is space, a horizontal board from one side to the other, maple or? whatever and some coathooks. Hang belts, your purses, clothes on hangers flat to the wall. Raingear or things not used much.

Roger

Hi Roger & Budd --- hadn't even considered the potential moisture issue if I fill it up too much - thanks for that warning.

They put the wire clothes shelf and rack combo at the point where the wall bulges in the most - so the shelf is about 9" wide, and the entire area seems so inefficient, but w/what both of you said - perhaps hooks for empty backpacks, purses, and other awkward light things -- you're right. I was thinking about those collapsible cloth storage cubes, but now thinking of moisture-maybe not. That front wall has been cooking a bit this summer!

Thank you for your input and help. Mary

The center of the clothes rail in mine is 51" from the floor. The bulge is 25" from floor. There is a 7" difference in bulginess from the the rail down 27" to max bulge.

Relocate the rail and shelf.

I got one of the collapsible cloth storage cubes at the Tampa RV show. Mine was a waste of money.

I have never had an issue with moisture in mine and I've been in it over 2 yrs.

What about one of those cloth shoe storage things with pockets in it. Rumor has it most ladies stockpile shoes.

Roger, I think most of us are prone to stockpiling something -- me, uh, athletic shoes, hiking boots, field guides/ref books, DVDs/CDs, dog supplies for two German Shepherds - they have an amazing amount of 'stuff'! ,And yes, always too much clothing for me - I've been fortunate enough to not change size over the decades; maybe too much cooking equipment now that I think about it. Okay - gotta do better. Thanks. - Mary

• 2 weeks later...

I facet gemstones for a hobby. Since it's a little messy, I just built my faceting workbench into the driver's side of the closet. :)

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac258/Legendsk/Trailer/2016-01-25_15-21-29_989_zpsqtwd9p94.jpg

http://i905.photobucket.com/albums/ac258/Legendsk/Trailer/2016-01-25_15-26-31_112_zps15k6jx8m.jpg

F-250 SCREW 4X4 Gas, 5th NuWa Premier 35FKTG, Full Time, Engineer Ret.

Our front closet was designed to use the space pretty well - especially for a unit with a fully molded/contoured front cap. There is a full-width shelf above the hanging rod and three shoe shelves in front (toward the front of the cap/trailer) below the hanging rod where the front cap is deeper than at the top. There is a switch on the closet wall for LED lights to illuminate the shoe shelves behind the hanging clothes so we can see what we're after back there. On either side, there are two deep shelves per side that can either be used or removed for separate washer and dryer (one each side) or a W/D combo (on the curb side). We don't have an on-board washer or dryer, so we use these deep outboard shelves for off-season clothing and linens. It's surprising how much stuff we've managed to put in the closet - especially two days ago when I emptied it all out to dust and vacuum! Seeing all the stuff motivated us to consider which things we were or were not using and yesterday we dropped a load off at Goodwill.

Without a W/D in the front closet, we don't have any problems with humidity up there, but we do leave the closet doors open during the day so air circulates - especially when the A/Cs are running.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

Archived