A/C Line caps/ block off fittings

txdslshop

Great idea!!! Lemme get on that this morning!! LOL As far as the height, you will see in the pics, I didn't have a ton of choices on height because of the wall design and my cutout was barely an inch taller than the existing vent. So, I centered it on the vent (Vertically) so that I could be sure and cut out the entire vent. I think the height should be about right for my kids being able to look out and down to see what they are missing while they have their heads buried in their electronic devices!! Thanks. Jeremy

I think I would do a wood (primed and sealed up) frame around the window so you can use the window clamp ring correctly. That should secure the window well. And then you can do a second wood (carpet wrapped) frame to bring it out to the 3" or whatever thickness of the rest of the interior. Looks like a pretty nice window sill there too for a bungee net or cup holder.

What did you use to cut the hole? Looks really clean.

Looks great, I am working on nearly identical mods to my 630. Three person transit van seat and I went with the 23" x 16" FL Columbia windows. All parts should be here later this week :-)

2004 Volvo 630, Cummins ISX, Eaton 10 speed (air assist clutch), 3.71 3.07 rear locker, ET jr, 200" WB, GearMaster

2017 Forest River Sierra 372LOK

Full time June 2017

DW, 2 kids, and 2 dogs

Ok, here is the final product. I spent a couple hours trying to cut out a shim for the window out of wood to make up the 1 1/4" thickness I needed for the locking ring... It just didnt look right to me. So, I figured out that I could flip the locking ring around and it would clamp the window to the sheet metal. Mucho Wayno for mee!!! Added some Butyl Tape, little triming along the bottom to clear the support, add some screws and it is done!!! The window fits pretty well considering it is not curved to match the wall and I will add a bit or clear silicone tomorrow to ensure watertight integrity!! Now to move on to the interior wall panels and trim. Thanks for everyone's input!! Jeremy

9a0a0e96-0e9e-4fa2-8611-d8d457050df5-s.j

It is just a low cost single pane Se-Gi window from one of our wholesale suppliers. I wanted something that I could grab quickly and make it work with the area I had to work with. I checked with a few other window companies and they were 3 times the money and the size I wanted had to be custom made. They are plenty good for my needs. JM

Archived