Transmission service light

lappir

After re-reading your post I have to think the relation to the air out and rear bags is like Bob said a red hering.

The XY issues can present anytime at all with no relation anything you do. I had various symptoms over a period of a year that on their own suggested different issues. But after one very hard failure Stuck on 5th gear and no start or reset I replaced the XY and never saw Any of the symptoms again. Ever!

I believe the XY gives us plenty of warning it's gonna take a sh%# and we just keep rolling.

Also just consider how many times those little servos actuate in like 800K mikes! ?

Eaton also suggested changing the power supply to the tranny ECM They are known fail point.

Was easy to change after access is granted like ATV guy said. Seats and floor mat biggest job. Totally doable. The part change is simple

The power supply is fed from battery's and connected to ECM on top of tranny.

I would just go for the XY and power supply. I picked up a reman unit for $600 and power supply was $120. Best $ I ever put into truck.

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

See if there is a Weller Truck in your area.. My buddy paid 366 for a reman XY with a 125 core. So 531 out the door until you return the bad one. Dealers have an updated version of the XY that range from 850 to 1000 new...

Thanks. Don't think there are any Weller's in my area. Spend some time looking for an xy this morning and found lot's of different prices. Used, Rebuilt, Reman, and new. Don't know the best way to find one yet.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Rod, where are you on this issue? I see you're on the road heading south. Did you replace the xy?

Bob,

Made the trip without problems. I have done nothing to the truck other than not using the switch to release the air from the suspension. I do make sure the truck is level as possible and in neutral before engaging the brakes before shutting down. I listen for the click, click, click too before getting out. Truck will be sitting till spring. I May pull the drivers seat , pull up the mat and see what I can find from the top as it cools off here in Florida. Will also keep watch on some x-y shifters and places to obtain them.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2007 Honda GL 1800

• 6 months later...

Made a second trip since the first symptoms. No problems again, but don't want to just ignore it. Any recommendations in the Kansas City area? I keep forgetting to ask Rick when I speak with him.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

21 hours ago, lappir said:

Made a second trip since the first symptoms. No problems again, but don't want to just ignore it. Any recommendations in the Kansas City area? I keep forgetting to ask Rick when I speak with him.

Rod

i would take mine to Inland Truck Parts, they are over near Worlds of Fun. Off I-435 and Parvin Road. Jim Adams is the branch manager. 

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

10 hours ago, Rick & Alana said:

i would take mine to Inland Truck Parts, they are over near Worlds of Fun. Off I-435 and Parvin Road. Jim Adams is the branch manager. 

Thanks Rick. 

2007 Honda GL 1800

Rod, reading your posts sounds so much like reading the posts of the seller of my truck, before I bought it.  Had many suggestions about what the issues were, and he kept replacing everything.

Ended up when I went back to take a second look (because I walked away the first time), I took it back to his Volvo dealer for a good inspection to make sure I could drive it back down to Texas.  I asked him to show me the paperwork on the repairs for this truck, since he had told me that my seller had many issues with the transmission!  He opened up the file and said, "All fixed.  It was a worn ground wire on the frame"

Haven't had any problems with it yet.

I wonder if when you are dropping suspension, you are making contact somewhere where the truck doesn't like it?

Good luck,

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2017 at 9:02 AM, HERO Maker said:

Rod, reading your posts sounds so much like reading the posts of the seller of my truck, before I bought it.  Had many suggestions about what the issues were, and he kept replacing everything.

Ended up when I went back to take a second look (because I walked away the first time), I took it back to his Volvo dealer for a good inspection to make sure I could drive it back down to Texas.  I asked him to show me the paperwork on the repairs for this truck, since he had told me that my seller had many issues with the transmission!  He opened up the file and said, "All fixed.  It was a worn ground wire on the frame"

Haven't had any problems with it yet.

I wonder if when you are dropping suspension, you are making contact somewhere where the truck doesn't like it?

Good luck,

Rocky,

Thanks for the info. Don't know why I didn't see this earlier. Got a referral from Rick Jennings on a shop in KC. Just got off the phone with them and will try and schedule a time next week to take the truck in for a look see. We did talk about a ground wire issue, the tech actually brought it up with my description. Hopefully that's it.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

• 11 months later...

While in Pensacola earlier this year I noticed I had a front wheel seal that had developed a leak. Found it on my pre trip check and decided I could make it to Tallahassee before scheduling a repair. Got a referral from the park manager for a guy and took the truck in for the repair and a "grease" job. During his inspection he found the transmission yoke loose and an air leak at the splitter valve. Said it should shift a lot better, and he was correct. May have also corrected the other problem I originally posted here.

Rod

2007 Honda GL 1800

Archived