Getting mail problem

We've had the same PO Box for 36 years in the small Village were we now home base from and PO Boxes have become a problem with some places we get stuff from because they will not accept a box number only a physical address. We have also had mail delivered to general delivery in different places and some treat it right and some just pile it in a corner and act like they are doing you a big favor by looking through the pile, it's a crap shoot.

Denny

Denny & Jami SKP#90175
Most Timing with Mac our Scottie, RIP Jasper our Westie
2013 F350 SC DRW 6.2 V8 4.30 Gears
2003 HH Premier 35FKTG Home Base Nebraska

UPS Overkill???

Amazon pkg. from Chester, VA to Williamsburg, VA(60 miles), according to UPS it is going 2nd Day Air!!!!!! Don't quite believe that.

Why not ? I'm sure they'll have to send the package to L.A. for sorting first and to make the effort of handling the thing worthwhile . :D

Goes around , comes around .

UPS Overkill???

Amazon pkg. from Chester, VA to Williamsburg, VA(60 miles), according to UPS it is going 2nd Day Air!!!!!! Don't quite believe that.

Probably going through the UPS Worldport hub in Louisville, KY or the East Coast hub in Philadelphia, PA.

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system

We've had 100% good results with using General Delivery. We always picked a small post office and have never called to check if they would accept it. Every one did. Guess we were lucky!

We have had problems.

On two different occasions, we've had GD mail returned because "they didn't know us." On another occasion, we had the person behind the counter tell us we couldn't get GD mail unless we had a post office box (which makes absolutely no sense). Went back the next day, got another person, and got our mail. Then there was the time when we had to fill out a form before we could get our mail (the one and only time that happened).

So now, if we're having GD mailed to a post office we haven't used in the past, I call and make sure they actually will accept it. It's a good idea to call, anyway, because some post offices only have certain hours during which they'll had out GD mail. For instance, the post office in Winterhaven, CA hands out GD mail only between the hours of 2 & 4 PM -- Arizona time.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

We have used General Delivery very successfully for years, never thought of calling the PO since we picked small towns. This year was very different. We have addressed our packages from Amazon to General Delivery, whether USPS, Fedex or UPS never had a problem with the PO accepting the pkg. Then we got to Deming, NM. UPS went to deliver a General Delivery and PO would not accept it. I had to go to the UPS Center to get it(after a few phone calls). I asked at the PO and they said only USPS General Delivery was accepted. When I went to UPS pick the package up I found out that several of the PO's in the area only accepted USPS General Delivery. She told me other horror stories about the local PO. Apparently the Post-Master didn't like change(been in the job 30 years) and stuck to the older ways.

I feel the same as above, the RV park doesn't want to do it. I don't think that it is the PO.

I live on a small ranch not far from Baytown or Dayton. I feel for you the weather in the summer is

some of the worst in the Country. Good Luck

I accept the weather. Rather be up north where it is cooler but the money isn't there. It is a third of what I make here. Also I agree about the park. Owner is normally not here. The office is normally closed. At least as long as we have been here this is true. We will move later.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

I used to spend much of the winter in California across the river from Parker, AZ, where I could get FedEx and UPS delivered to my campsite but USPS had to go to General Delivery in Parker. Then the delivery services started handing packages off to the postal service for final delivery without warning me. Now, which address am I supposed to put on that order? I learned that, if it was big or heavy it would stay with the delivery service until it got to my site. But, what is the cutoff? No one would say. This started to feel to me like the customer is NEVER right.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I used to spend much of the winter in California across the river from Parker, AZ, where I could get FedEx and UPS delivered to my campsite but USPS had to go to General Delivery in Parker. Then the delivery services started handing packages off to the postal service for final delivery without warning me. Now, which address am I supposed to put on that order?

UPS "My Choice" permits you to upgrade packages from UPS/USPS to "all UPS" and if you pay them an annual fee you can upgrade as many as you want for nothing. The problem is that UPS MyChoice won't accept commercial addresses which includes most RV parks. And, of course, it doesn't do you any good for packages going via FedEx.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

Archived