Volvo VNL 730 RV Hauler

On September 1st, I will be taking a new job position that does not provide extended vacation. For this reason, I have decided to sell my truck rather than let it sit and not get used.

The truck is a 2008 Volvo VNL 730. I searched for about 6 months for this truck. The reason I chose this truck was because it spent all of its life in Southern California, so there is no rust on the truck. I also chose this truck because of the large number of repair records from the previous owner.

I have spent the last year and a half of my life planning and building this truck. It’s literally like a member of the family. Every step and decision process has been documented on the Escapees forum. It pains me to part with it, but I am confident it is the right decision.

I have put about 40,000 miles on this truck since buying it. Our entire family loves it, especially my two kids who think it’s a rolling club house.

The wheels are black Plasti-Dip. The coating can be removed with a pressure washer if the new owner prefers polished aluminum.

Registered RV in Alabama.

The current mileage is 695k.

i-Shift 12 speed automatic transmission. 500HP D16 engine.

I have tons of receipts of preventative maintenance and parts. All work has been done at Volvo dealer.

The asking price is $85,000.

Located just south of Birmingham, AL.

Included in that price is my assistance (CAD design, welding, etc.) to get the truck setup how the buyer needs it. This truck has been a passion of mine for quite a while. I hope that the new owner will feel the same way.

Tons of photos available at www.followmybuild.com/bmzero/Volvo-730-HDT-RV-Hauler.

Full build thread at - http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=114854

This truck is absolutely ready to go. We just came off of a 5500 mile road trip last weekend and it did amazingly well.

49341973-28a7-469a-abc6-e4e73f4441fd-s.j

Specs:

DirecLink Brake Controller
Jackalopee
New Bridgestone steer tires
TruckLite LED Headlights (the real ones)
LED Fog Lights
Rear-Facing LED Work Lights
RoadKing Shocks on All Four Corners
Custom Air-Ride 5th Wheel Hitch
Custom Smart Car Bed Platform
New Black Leather Air-Ride Seats
Cobra CB Radio
10" LCD Monitor and Firm Custom Mount
Internal LAN
POE Camera Network
Rear-Facing POE Camera (3MP)
32" LED TV in Sleeper
Custom TV Mount in Sleeper
WD TV In Sleeper
Refrigerator
Microwave
Rear sink
AC/DC Inverter
Rear speakers isolated via switch
Wireless Headphones for Rear
In-Dash Audio Unit in Rear
New front leaf springs and spring bushings
New air dryer
New air governor
New radiator
New coolant tank
New coolant lines
3 New injectors
Singled at 230" wheelbase
New u-joints
New hanger bearing
New air dam
Edited by bmzero

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear you are selling. That truck is awesome. Does that also mean you will no longer be designing and building beds and accessories for them? I know I been dragging my feet on getting started. Very best of luck with the new position and hope to see you back on here often.

Thanks.

I would love to build some more hitches and beds. In the final plan for both of those "products", it would not be me welding them out anyway. I would like to finish up the design and hand it off to a certified fabrication shop who has the proper production facilities (and insurance) in place to make them a success.

Thanks.

I would love to build some more hitches and beds. In the final plan for both of those "products", it would not be me welding them out anyway. I would like to finish up the design and hand it off to a certified fabrication shop who has the proper production facilities (and insurance) in place to make them a success.

"Insurance"....the operative word these days; don't leave home without it.

"Insurance"....the operative word these days; don't leave home without it.

No doubt. That's the only reason I have not tried to market my hitch and bed kit. To me, it isn't worth the risk. It's a shame that this country stifles business development like that. Tort reform!

• 1 month later...

No doubt. That's the only reason I have not tried to market my hitch and bed kit. To me, it isn't worth the risk. It's a shame that this country stifles business development like that. Tort reform!

And that's sad. Even if you went out and purchased the right insurance, I doubt any will cover a recall. (Which kind of seems a little counterintuitive--you'd rather an insured bite the bullet and fix a defect than wait for injuries to mount.)

Hope the truck finds a good home!

• 2 years later...

We purchased this RV hauler from Britt almost three years ago. The truck has been a great hauler, ten to twelve hours at a time behind the wheel was no problem. We once traveled 1000 miles in one day for a funeral we needed to attend. We have enjoyed living in our Mobile Suites and our truck, but we have decided to purchase a park model and settle in central Florida and downsize to a small class C. The truck is as Britt has posted with some minor additions and 20K more miles. All service since purchase has been done at Volvo dealers. 

I am looking to get 75K for the truck only. Please call or text for more information, 585-749-4210

See our add in RV trader in the  link below.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/2016-DRV-MOBILE+SUITES+38+RSSA-5008445702

• 2 months later...