Anybody have Corian sinks?

Marks/stains on our "Corian" countertops and sinks are not a problem. I really like the stuff. A friend has a CC with marble countertops, his wife dropped a cast iron skillet and broke a chunk off the edge about the size of your hand. He never has found a company who will repair the break. So, I'll put up with a mark in the sink once in a while.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Had that been a Corian or similar product there is a "possibility" the damage could have been repaired. Depending on the location and nature of the damage. If not repaired, the sink could be replaced.

Replacement of the sink may be an option for your friend. It could be difficult if it is an underhung bowl. The top may need to come out and they are silicone to the cabinet frame plus you may have a backsplash to deal with. If they can get a bit to cut the sink out using a router from the top another underhung bowl may be installed from underneath.

Not an easy job in either case. A new top with a bowl may be the answer. 2k plus$

Marks/stains on our "Corian" countertops and sinks are not a problem. I really like the stuff. A friend has a CC with marble countertops, his wife dropped a cast iron skillet and broke a chunk off the edge about the size of your hand. He never has found a company who will repair the break. So, I'll put up with a mark in the sink once in a while.

I'm guessing he never heard of super glue . :D

Goes around , comes around .

Treat it like lacquer paint. Sand with different grands of sand paper down to 2500 grit. Polish to the desired shine. But it is colored through the whole body. Not like paint on the top layer only.

Repeat as needed to keep the desired shine.

As for anything needed to be fill in you can use gel coat . It can be colored to match with artist oil paint

I have colored gel coat to match , made it translucent with clear gel coat added as needed.

It needs more hardner than normal to be sanded out to match.

Also you can make speckled gel coat to match with some testing and practice.

Hope this helps someone , Vern

Archived