Making Progress

RogerV

We started our build in April and have been working on it when ever we could. So far my son and I have done everything our selves except for the drive shaft work. We singled it short as it was a 250" wheel base to start. The bed we built still has 10' of room after deducting 55" for turning radius and has more than enough room for our two Harleys. We thought going with prefab boxes would make it a little easier but took way longer than if we were to to fab our own and have the doors overlap.

The interior did some work done as we changed out the seats removed the bed and put a jack knife sofa,we also made new fabric covered interior panels for the sleeper area and added a direct-link brake controller. This weekend we will take it out for a shake down ride as we are headed to Sturgis next weekend.

The best news this week was I took the Missouri title down to a little DMV in Wisconsin and was out in less than 15min with a Wisconsin Motor home title!.

Roger

http://s1030.photobucket.com/user/185pilot/slideshow/Volvo%20truck

Roger I sure agree when you get the Motorhome title you did great. And the truck looks great Too!!! So put that smile to work and take it to the National Rally. We got to the ECR but won't be able to get to the Nats. The DW and I really enjoyed and learned a lot in additional to meeting and making new friends. So go if you can. Hope we can make next years Nats and we have reservations made for the ECR next year. So rolls on and be safe. God Bless Pat

The Old Sailor

Looks great. If that is singled short, that must have been a long wheelbase to start.

Wave as you head to Sturgis, we are just off of I90 in MN till we move at the end of August.

Dave

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

Sure is a nice looking build and getting to spend time with your son building it priceless. Hope your trip to Sturgis is a good one.

2011 CAN-AM Spyder Rt SE5, 2010 Alpine 5th wheel, 1998 Vovlo VNL610

Hopefully 2 years 6 month till full time retirement.

Good looking truck. You guys have done nice work.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Agree, awesome job.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Truck looks great. Good Job!

We thought going with prefab boxes would make it a little easier but took way longer than if we were to to fab our own and have the doors overlap.

I too wish we built our own boxes instead of buying prefab boxes. My biggest issue is all the wasted space from behind the box to the frame rails. Initially it was not a issue as I had far more storage then what I had with the P/U. Now both boxes are stuffed full as over time I have shifted more things out of the trailer basement and to the truck. I am sure I have a few things that I could leave at home .... but why?

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Archived