Credit Card Application

Looking at a credit card application and one item that poses issues is housing status wih the possible responses being - own, rent, live with parents/relatives. I've been domiciled in Livingston at a Rainbow Drive address for five years with all significant items (drivers license, voter reg, vehicle reg, billing addresses etc) reflecting that.

So far so good but the next question is monthly payment for housing. I think were I to put zero or even my monthly prorated dues/fees it would raise a flag that zero wouldn't for own (mortgage paid off) or live with parents/relatives.

I know Escapees is like a family but I don't think the card issuer would accept that. Seriously, any thoughts on this issue?

Been a long time since we've applied for a card but I would put 'own home' if you're a full-timer and for monthly payment estimate how much in camping fees you pay such as $550 or whatever. However, the next question might be...who do you owe to? Tough call. If it's paid off then put '0'. Do you deal with a specific bank or credit union - someone who know you - who could issue a credit card?

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Ah Ha, I think you've got it. We own the coach (our housing) free and clear. We shouldn't need to complicate matters with the fact that it may or may not be located at our address of record, nor what it costs us to park it wherever it may be.

"monthly payment for housing" ... yep, if the is no mortgage ...you own your housing/home/RV free and clear ... the monthly payment is $0. Any $you pay for a place to park it is utility expense.

Paul (KE5LXU), former fulltimer, now sometimer...

'03 Winnebago Ultimate Advantage 40E

'05 Honda Odyssey

Escapees, FMCA, WIT, SMART

http://www.pjrider.com

Put down what your monthly payments really are. The credit companies have the ability to know pretty close how accurate they are anyway so be honest. We have had neither a house payment nor a car payment now since 2000 but still have no problem in getting a credit card when we wish and our credit score is very high.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived