Slider topper lock a few things that made my RV life easier

Hello, this may help someone that has this style A&E slide topper as mine, it has unwound a couple times driving, both times in windy weather the fabric on my topper completely billowing, banging the coach, i thought it was gonna tear off,

so looking at the roller tube i noticed there are 4 notches spaced 90 deg. apart, one lined up with the the arm that holds the roller tube so i drilled a 1/4"+ hole thru the arm in line with the notch then fabricated a pin long enough to go thru the arm and into the notch.Thinking this was all it needed, I started rocking the roller tube back and forth against the pin and yes it worked the pin out of the notch, so i had to add a spring, but now it needs a lock out to hold the pin out of the notch when extending the slide, so i took some aluminum flat stock bent a 90 in it and attached it to the arm to catch the pin and hold it open, It works pretty well.

I use the large awning rod to reach the loop on the pin, I also covered my slide switch with a piece of old topper vinyl with a warning label on it,hope this helps

15681de4-f480-4ce6-8a1e-2314b2ad393d_zpsHPIM4971_zpspdktndcn.jpg?t=1469408145

Archived