Air ride seats A Few things that made my RV life easier

Hello, i'm new to the club and decided to post a few pics of items that made things easier or solve a problem.

My latest project: Air ride seats for my class A Motor home. Driving a truck for 35 years i like the air ride seats so much better than a fixed seat.

using the original swivel bases i cut the riser tube so the swivel base is approx 2 1/2 inches tall then welded them together,next i welded the air ride base from a

big-rig to the swivel, added the seat then bolted a small tire compressor to the side of the air ride base connected the electrical,and pneumatic connections and now have adjustable, swivel, air ride seats for driver and passenger. Just in case some one else is thinking about doing it or have done it. Thanks Mike HPIM4614_zpsvmqkovub.jpg?t=1469422521

Hello, A&S, i bought the air rides from a company that sells Trucks, they have salvage parts they sell on e bay, or at least they were when i started this, one seat was $106 the other was $51.00 I used small tire compressors (seen in pic #2) to get a supply of air about 25.00 ea. thats about all the cost involved. I have a gas rig V10 so air was not available to tap into thus the need for compressors

I did both driver and passenger for just over 200.00 so any luck at all, one could do the driver side only for a 100 150 bucks if you have the tools to do it your self like i did

Where is the E-Bay site you used? Thanks, Ed

U.S. Navy GSMC(SW) (RETIRED) 1993-11-01, 26 years service with 23 years of that active and 3 years reserve.  Now retired after 20 years at local hospital in the maintenance department.

1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' DP W/6Spd Allison.  Road Master Sterling All terrain, Air Force One, towing new 2019 Jeep Cherokee Elite

Hello Ed, The Ebay user name for the air ride seats is: Almostfreetrucks they are in No. Las Vegas NV. and sold these air rides on Ebay auction no buy it now(s). looking at their items for sale i don't see any for sale right now but if you send them an Email thru Ebay you can see what you could get, we went to the Grand Canyon in our Moho and swung by Vegas and picked the first one up, went home and fitted the first one, then a few days later bid on and won the second, went back to Vegas in a pick-up, not sure if they ship or not. Good luck Mike

Oh, Ed thank you for your service!

Ok, BIGMIKEM, thanks, I will see what they hav and if they ship. Thanks, again. The Navy was over twenty three years ago, how time fly's.

U.S. Navy GSMC(SW) (RETIRED) 1993-11-01, 26 years service with 23 years of that active and 3 years reserve.  Now retired after 20 years at local hospital in the maintenance department.

1995 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 34' DP W/6Spd Allison.  Road Master Sterling All terrain, Air Force One, towing new 2019 Jeep Cherokee Elite

Took Moho out for first time since installing these air seats, WHAT a Difference the seat seems softer over the bumps because the seats aren't bottoming out and move with the road, very happy. The height when adjusted to the same height as the solid ride, has travel up and down which will save my back, i'm planning a 800 mile (each way) trip end of Aug, i'll see how much comfort it will give.

Hello, M-hill, no power, only manual tilt and swivel, the only thing different than stock was i cut the riser tube down, removing about 6-8 inches of height and welding the swivel back together with the floor flange, and stacking the air ride on top of swivel base and welded it, the functions you ask about probably would need to be modified while doing this since the seat tracks were relocated to fit the air ride,

From the floor flange it had a 3" tube extending up to the swivel platform, i basically eliminated the tube to make room for the air ride base.

Archived