Mounting slideback bed?

Exile

A lot of contractors and bike dealers use Amerideck. What's nice is that when deployed it's pretty much flat on the ground, so when tie down vehicle, you're working from the safety of solid earth. Would seem if had a hole in the deck for the hitch, it would clear that hitch when it's lifting. As I recall, under $5,000, rated to 2500lbs. Just noticed there's a vendor on Ebay right now that has one of the models at $4,000. Maybe not the best out of the box option, but seems a custom deck would work well off this idea. These are made to mount on top of the bedframe, so probably too high, but if go custom I bet it could be designed to mount different/lower.

Here is a video of one in action.

A lot of contractors and bike dealers use Amerideck. What's nice is that when deployed it's pretty much flat on the ground, so when tie down vehicle, you're working from the safety of solid earth. Would seem if had a hole in the deck for the hitch, it would clear that hitch when it's lifting. As I recall, under $5,000, rated to 2500lbs. Just noticed there's a vendor on Ebay right now that has one of the models at $4,000. Maybe not the best out of the box option, but seems a custom deck would work well off this idea. These are made to mount on top of the bedframe, so probably too high, but if go custom I bet it could be designed to mount different/lower.

Here is a video of one in action.

Hmm. So what i need is the gear off a dumpster truck that uses the same principle . . . One cylinder and some heavy angle.

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

Chrome habit I’m trying to kick.

I was thinking of the same idea .but I wonder if a person used a flat bed with a dump bed hoist get the tail end as close to the ground as the trailer hitch would allow .use short ramps to make up the difference. with an 18 ft bed would it be to steep for a jeep to be loaded on?

It could work, have to winch up, depending on final angle, based on length extended beyond hinge point.

14' and 16' dumps could be cheap in farm country off an old single axle truck. One member here unloaded two in craigslist this year.

Those beds are high though, chest high on me, 6 ft 1.

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

Chrome habit I’m trying to kick.

I was thinking of the same idea .but I wonder if a person used a flat bed with a dump bed hoist get the tail end as close to the ground as the trailer hitch would allow .use short ramps to make up the difference. with an 18 ft bed would it be to steep for a jeep to be loaded on?

I do not have a tilt bed but with 10' ramps I have no problems loading/unloading my Jeep on the back of the truck. I do put the Jeep in 4WD low because I have a manual transmission and low allows me to have my foot off the clutch and just idle up the ramps.

JeepUnload.jpg

I have also had my old Superduty (4x2/Crew Cab/Short Bed) loaded up there. I would dump the air from the truck suspension because my receiver hitch would scrape the nut on the slide if I did not. I have also loaded my 1/2 ton Silverado as well. The Chevy is a 4x4 but not a Z71 package so it sits the same height (or very close to) a 4x2 truck. Both P/U are automatic and drive up the ramps with no issues. I leave the Chevy in 2WD.

We have a new (different) Jeep now then the one in the photo. The new one has stock suspension and still on stock tires. No clearance issues and it too just idles up the ramps in 1st gear 4WD low.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

This looks good but I am looking at this truck as if my wife was going to be the one loading and un loading it. The same with the generator If she cant lift it it would get left behind in case I got hurt and she had to get me and the rig home. Got to keep it light and simple this is the reason I went with a truck with a I shift trans.so I was thinking if I got the tail of the bed as close to the ground and use short ramps she can handle loading it buy her self. I have loaded a lot of heavy equipment on tilt trailers and it can be kind of nerve racking..how long is the over all length is your bed .looks like I have a lot of thinking to do. may have to mock up a bed out of lumber to se if will work.

Archived