Anyone want an RV-based medical clinic?

docj

My wife and I do volunteer work for a free medical clinic in Corpus Christi that for ~5 years has been based in a 40' 2011 Navistar Monaco Caymen with a Cummins 360HP 6.7L engine that was specially converted for use as a clinic. The good news is that the clinic is doing well and has received an anonymous donation which will enable it to be located permanently in a new building designed for it.

That leaves us with the issue of what to do with the MH. When it was converted to clinic use, the coach was almost completely gutted. It contains two medical examination tables, one in the living area and one in what had been the bedroom. In the central area there is a "nurses station" with storage and a large side-by-side refrigerator for storage of medication. Although it may have been a regrettable decision, the coach has no bathroom, no sink, no water system of any kind but some residual vestiges of the plumbing may remain. There is no kitchen other than the refrigerator which is powered off of a Magnum pure sine wave inverter. All the routine maintenance has been performed on a regular basis so, as far as we know, the drive train is in good shape. I can't recall off the top of my head the exact mileage, but it's definitely <30,000.

This brings me to the purpose of this post. How does one dispose of a vehicle like this? I will be the first to admit that it is a bit "rough" on the outside due to a number years of elderly volunteer drivers who had limited experience with large vehicles, but there isn't anything that $10-15k in paint and cosmetic repair can't fix. The NADA low retail for a normal 2011 Caymen is ~$120k; without undercutting my own charity, I think it would be happy to accept half of that for this one. If there was another RV-based free clinic that was looking to step up from a small vehicle to a large one, this might be just the opportunity. The vehicle is currently located in Corpus Christi.

Does anyone have any ideas how we would even attempt to market this beast? I'm open to any and all ideas. Does anyone know of another charitable group that might want such a clinic?

Joel (AKA docj)

Another possible market might be as a mobile veterinary service. In our travels we have encountered several that use RVs. It might even be an attractive option to veterinarians that provide services in seasonal locations like West Yellowstone where they currently rent office space that they only use a couple of days a week.

How about "pay it forward" and donate it to a good group so they can continue/ start the good work that you started in it.

Tax right off maybe.

There's no point in a 501c3 charity making a donation. We don't have any tax burden so we can't get a write-off.

The 60 minutes TV show has done a segment about two nurse practitioners providing medical services in a beat up gas class A, about 35' long. They are located in West Virginia. I'm not sure if they could come with the money to pay for the rig though.

Archived