I am happy today

lappir

At least I think I am. Using my odometer readings only today i discovered my computer reading for fuel mileage is way off. I knew it wasn't accurate but didn't think it would be off much more than 1 to 2 mpg. Filled my truck after my trip from Florida a few weeks ago and just entered the info into my Neat filing system. I always calculate my mpg on my car and motorcycle because I always reset my trip meter. Today I decided to just go back and do the odometer readings and find that I am almost at 11 mpg over the last 1000 miles of my trip. Did have a good tail wind for part of it I recall. The computer at last check was sitting at 6.9 mpg. Wasn't loving looking at that number everyday.

My speedometer is 5 mph slow. If I set the cruise at 55 on the speedo, the gps shows I am actually travelling at 60 mph. I am going 5 miles further in an hour than my odometer shows. I need to remember to check the trip meter with the GPS on my trips, but I only seem to remember after I have moved the GPS to the car and driven around a bit.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Just buy a couple more GPSs . ;)

I did have two for a while, but got rid of the motorcycle/car one when I got the Garmin for the Truck. If I find a really good deal on a Rand McNally I may buy it. Not a new one though. It would have to be very gently used.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Archived