Lippert Jacks Shutter when retracted

I believe Lippert has a friction modifier that is added to the fluid reservoir (makes the fluid slicker). Contact them for some help.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Take a look at this from Lippert's web site. Mine were stuttering/shuddering. I added two quarts of the recommended Caterpillar fluid and changed all the fluid at the same time. Shuttering stopped and the popping is not as dramatic as before, still pops some tho.

Hope this helps.

Off topic from here on: From my experience, the six leg level up system is minimal at best. Mine settles and we must re-level about every two weeks. No leaks detected so it must be something internal. When I am ready to spend some $$$, I'll have a reputable hydraulic shop see what they find. I had a Power Gear system on my 99 Dolphin that was stable regardless of how long it was set up and I have not heard of HWH having any settling problems.

The richest are not those who have the most, but those who need the least.

I too, have the 6 leg level up. I haven't noticed any settling in 2 months, but now you have me wondering so I'll put a level on it soon to check.

As far as the stutter issue. I have 1 that does stutter, however I believe it is bent. Not sure if this could be your problem. I had issues with my hitch a while back and bent one severe enough that I had to replace it and probably have another with a slight bend in it.

Todd

“…nothing so liberalizes a man and expands the kindly instincts that nature put in him as travel and contact with many kinds of people.” – Mark Twain

I have the shuttering problem only when I am parked on a site that is not level - the more unlevel the site is the worse the shuttering. When I retract the rear jacks, this causes a twisting of the RV frame because the front is still level and the rear is not. I believe this puts some kind of pressure on the front pistons and they momentarily shutter when they are retracted. This never happens when I am on a site that is level or close to it.

Sorry I forgot.....

Also, there is a RV spot that I found that me and the wife really love. The spot is not level and the rear single axle with duel wheels is about 4 inches off the ground. I'm not a big fan of the axle off the ground but I notice that its common. I bought some leveling blocks to place under the jacks.

Any insight?

I speculate that my dealer didn't address the issue because they don't want to pay for the Anti-Stiction Fluid. Coach is still under warranty.

The dealer doesn't pay for anything under warranty. They bill the manufacturer for any warranty work and the manufacturer pays. There is money 'built' into the price of anything that has a warranty (called profit) to cover warranty.

VisitedStatesMap.gif

Archived