A multifactorial one for the RV mega geniuses!

Runroblarun

It is probably somewhat easier if you have an address in the same state where you buy the RV but isn't vital. On storing the RV in a state different from the state of licensing, it could be a problem if it is stored there for too long. Once more, storing the RV in the state where it is registered is probably least likely to be a problem.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keep in mind your insurance company may start to scratch their head if you have multiple addresses. I believe they like to know where the RV resides when not in use. Some insurance companies give a discount for stored RV's.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think most states want the vehicle registered in that state if it's there more than x amount of time. My vote is to buy anywhere. Store anywhere but have only one address. Livingston is well know by many organisations and doesn't raise any eyebrows.

regards

Keep in mind your insurance company may start to scratch their head if you have multiple addresses. I believe they like to know where the RV resides when not in use. Some insurance companies give a discount for stored RV's.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think most states want the vehicle registered in that state if it's there more than x amount of time. My vote is to buy anywhere. Store anywhere but have only one address. Livingston is well know by many organisations and doesn't raise any eyebrows.

regards

Thanks again Bruce - a good shout, I reckon.

You won't be able to sign up for mail service until you receive your SKP number. Once you have that, visit the members only section of the website and you should be able to get things started. If you have problems, just call the office on their business phone.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Call escapees to get the mail service established, they'll walk you through it.

We have been traveling in a View/Navion on & off since 2010 - it does get GREAT mpg - between 14-16 on average. Specs say up to 22 mpg, but that had to be downhill with a tailwind :-) We do tow a small-ish car (Ford Focus) 4-down

The View could sleep 6 small adults who liked each other :-) depending upon floor plan, it can make up into 3-ish beds of "full/ double" or Queen size, plus the driver & passenger seats turn and recline.

I suggest you read one of the books about running across america - it will give you a lot of ideas and things to consider... google "running on empty" by Marshall Ulrich for a great start. He's also still running (like - badwater 10 times or something!) and is on FB and would surely answer questions.

HTH!

CC, Paul, & Duckie

Counting down to FT

New baby DSDP 4018 due 10/2016

Heading towards TX starting 11/2016

Jello plans: US Rockies 2017, Alaska 2018

...but still I can't work out how to do it? I can't see a button to sign up, even from my account or the store. The get started bit just seems to be information?

You could report your post so admin will look at it. That should bring you an offer of help. Be aware admin does not usually work evenings or weekends.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Folks in Livingston are very helpful. I suggest a quick phone call may save you a lot of time and some heartache.

good luck

Advice taken! They were indeed - I might end up popping up to Livingston, though still debating using a friends address!

Call escapees to get the mail service established, they'll walk you through it.

We have been traveling in a View/Navion on & off since 2010 - it does get GREAT mpg - between 14-16 on average. Specs say up to 22 mpg, but that had to be downhill with a tailwind :-) We do tow a small-ish car (Ford Focus) 4-down

The View could sleep 6 small adults who liked each other :-) depending upon floor plan, it can make up into 3-ish beds of "full/ double" or Queen size, plus the driver & passenger seats turn and recline.

I suggest you read one of the books about running across america - it will give you a lot of ideas and things to consider... google "running on empty" by Marshall Ulrich for a great start. He's also still running (like - badwater 10 times or something!) and is on FB and would surely answer questions.

HTH!

I'd love a View, it's just a little out of our price range - we're looking at this little fella. Had a look at PPl and everything is working. Test drive was good, though they don't do drivetrain inspections which is a shame. What do you think? http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/classc/2004-Jamboree-By-Fleetwood-33569.htm

You could report your post so admin will look at it. That should bring you an offer of help. Be aware admin does not usually work evenings or weekends.

Linda Sand

Thanks for that Linda, they were great on the phone!

As an update - I've started running now - 2 days in and 50 miles completed. Cross the state line into Mississippi tomorrow, having run from Mobile to Bayou La Batre and finishing just shy of Grand Bay today! Yesterday was easy despite (because of?) the rain but today was a bit harder. Little sore today!

I'd love a View, it's just a little out of our price range - we're looking at this little fella. Had a look at PPl and everything is working. Test drive was good, though they don't do drivetrain inspections which is a shame. What do you think? http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/classc/2004-Jamboree-By-Fleetwood-33569.htm

That sofa bed ought to have at least three seat belts which would be good for your crew. The dinette bench may have another one or two. You may never get stopped but if you do some cops are persnickety about having the right number of seat belts for the number of passengers. I don't think the table & chair are original equipment so I'd be looking at what keeps them in place while traveling.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

That sofa bed ought to have at least three seat belts which would be good for your crew. The dinette bench may have another one or two. You may never get stopped but if you do some cops are persnickety about having the right number of seat belts for the number of passengers. I don't think the table & chair are original equipment so I'd be looking at what keeps them in place while traveling.

Linda Sand

Cheers Linda - the T+C are defonotely not original, for some crazy reason, they took out the original bench. Any ideas on place that would fashion a new one/cost? They seemed pretty robust on a test drive, but if they become menaces, they'll be going to a thrift store!

What do they say about "only mad dogs and Englishmen". :)

Good luck. We need a blog site so that we can follow along with you.

regards

That's the one! The blog can be found on www.goingthedistancerun.com and my support team (Nadine!) blog is https://beautifulberfa.wordpress.com/

• 2 months later...

So I made it! Leg 1 at least! First person ever to run from Mobile to LA!
http://ktla.com/2016/11/30/man-runs-over-2000-miles-across-us-following-route-from-forrest-gump-ending-on-santa-monica-pier/

I'm going to ask a question I might be worth starting a new topic for, but I'll try here first. Our second leg will take us north from Santa Monica to Death Valley and Vegas, then we try to make our way to Nashville, Washington and Boston, via Phoenix (presume Flagstaff way is a bad idea that time of the year), Albuquerque. Now I was wondering what experience had of the roads this time of year thinking we would get to Phoenix week 3-4 of January, Albuquerque about 10 days later, Nashville early March, with a crossing of the Appalachians and an arrival into Washington at the end of March? Are there any snow/ice related demons we should be aware of along that route? We don't mind sitting tight for a day or two if weather is atrocious, but don't want to run down a snowy alley that could force a turn around if it showed no signs of clearing?
Cheers

Rob

Archived