Steel chrome/SS/polished alum bumper for Gen 1 VNL

SIBERNUT

Looking for a replacement for my plastic joke. Lots of sites show one, but the diagram shows what appears to be a bumper for a set back front axle truck. Don't want to drop big bucks for one & find out it does not match the curve of the nose. OEM is past my budget

Bumper replacement. Fit fine. Biggest adjustment was the fog lights.

I just got mine installed. I have a Gen II Volvo, but they do have them for a Gen I, I'm sure. I went to the site Mark suggested, and ordered it, thinking I might save freight, and pick it up in Omaha, but I think TRP is just an order taker. I did order mine from TRP (Scott) and got a better price than from the builder (Valley Chrome Plating), and it was shipped out of Dallas. The are manufactured in California, but have warehouses around the country. Scott took care of everything, and got me a good price on the freight also. BTW, Mark is correct about the driving/fog lights, that was the most difficult part of the installation. They still don't fit perfectly, but look OK, and I'm happy, Now, if the bumper just holds up. Also, I still have the parts you sent, but have had some issues, and haven't even had time to install them, THANKS AGAIN, I haven't forgot. Dick T

If you get stainless or chrome, I highly recommend painting

( paint matchyour truck) or rhino lining the backside.

My peterbilt bumper came from valley chrome and the back side started rusting with in about 2 years.

Don't know about Volvo? But I was able to choose the drop down size on my bumper. other than the rust I'm very happy with my bumper.

Went on Valleys website. EVERY BUMPER that is shown for my 2000 says "SBA" (set back axle). Got a diagram sent to me, shows bumper corner 20" back from face center. 20" !!!!!?? That's more like a WIA bumper. Mine is about 7" Wrote to valley, waiting for reply. Tks for the info !

Mark, are you not getting my emails?

I found an email from today in the Spam folder.

I believe Volvos outside of the VNL 880 are set back axles to get the motors over the axle more.

You have to remember the aero bumper is two parts, the bumper itself and the air dam below. It is easily 20" from the front of the bumper to the start of the wheel well if you look at the first picture on my web page.

The way I got to TRP was I was shopping an aero bumper and the associated air dam. TRP was one of the few places that even listed an aero bumper. While talking to the Scott at TRP, the availability of an aero bumper is not always available so we started talking about a chrome bumper. Scott directed me to a LB-0010-16 Chrome with brackets. Looking at the drawings, I went with the LB-2010-16. The 16 being the height of the bumper. The aero bumper without the air dam is 13".

Click on the LB-0010-16 link to get all the model drawings. The bumper came with some nylon washers but I added some more so that all the bolts through the bumper had nylon washers.

The bumper did not come with bolt holes for the license plates so I added some SS license plate brackets.

Valley Chrome Plating doesn't post prices nor have photos or drawings. Working with Scott at TRP was very good.

I choose to go with the chrome bumper because the cost, with shipping, was a little more that the aero bumper and the aero bumper would have required painting, a major cost for me.

Archived