Florida RV dealers and Sales People recommendations

BarbDan17

Try Camille Pronovost. She is with Camping World in Florida but I'm not sure which one. We didn't end up buying from her but she was very helpful, knowledgeable and seems to give us honest, straightforward answers to any question we had. Good luck!

Tom and Mare

The Breeze RV

https://thebreezerv.wordpress.com

2002 National Sea Breeze

2004 Harley Electra Glide Classic

I visited a lot of dealers when shopping last spring, I initially avoided Camping World stores, but ended up buying from the Cocoa store, simply because they had the right coach at the right price. It turned out my salesman was great, he came in from sick leave to help me take delivery. That said, I wouldn't go to them or any other large dealer for service, although CW took care of some odds and ends before delivery.

Lazy Days gave me a nice song and dance and treated me like a king, but didn't have anything I liked. North Trail seemed oriented to the high-dollar customers, I got a real snotty attitude when I told them my price range, but a salesman reluctantly agreed to let me look at a few. I didn't stay long.

I visited several small consignment shops, and the problem I had was that they were all... well, every one had a different way of doing business. Just not professional, I always felt like they were improvising. One coach I was interested in was listed at a certain price, but the salesman told me what the buyers would accept. If they'll screw the seller like that, then they'll screw the buyer just as easily. Another place listed a BayStar that had long since been sold, so he tried to sell me a 5th wheel. Little things like that give me no confidence.

I didn't visit America's Choice, but they're still advertising my Bounder, several months after I bought it at CW for 20% less. Apparently the former owner had it on consignment briefly before trading it in, and the listing never got pulled. So America's Choice gets a downgrade in my book.

In general, I'd suggest identifying the coaches you're looking for, and visiting whatever dealers list them. You don't have to tell them you're shopping other dealers, they'll know. The major dealers are a good place to shop, and it's a much better time of year to be shopping than when I was. You're buying a coach, not a salesman. Sometimes you'll get a some follow-up service on a used purchase, but rarely very much. So focus on the coach you want and the price.

Try Camille Pronovost. She is with Camping World in Florida but I'm not sure which one. We didn't end up buying from her but she was very helpful, knowledgeable and seems to give us honest, straightforward answers to any question we had. Good luck!

Thanks, that's good to know!

I visited a lot of dealers when shopping last spring, I initially avoided Camping World stores, but ended up buying from the Cocoa store, simply because they had the right coach at the right price. It turned out my salesman was great, he came in from sick leave to help me take delivery. That said, I wouldn't go to them or any other large dealer for service, although CW took care of some odds and ends before delivery.

Lazy Days gave me a nice song and dance and treated me like a king, but didn't have anything I liked. North Trail seemed oriented to the high-dollar customers, I got a real snotty attitude when I told them my price range, but a salesman reluctantly agreed to let me look at a few. I didn't stay long.

I visited several small consignment shops, and the problem I had was that they were all... well, every one had a different way of doing business. Just not professional, I always felt like they were improvising. One coach I was interested in was listed at a certain price, but the salesman told me what the buyers would accept. If they'll screw the seller like that, then they'll screw the buyer just as easily. Another place listed a BayStar that had long since been sold, so he tried to sell me a 5th wheel. Little things like that give me no confidence.

I didn't visit America's Choice, but they're still advertising my Bounder, several months after I bought it at CW for 20% less. Apparently the former owner had it on consignment briefly before trading it in, and the listing never got pulled. So America's Choice gets a downgrade in my book.

In general, I'd suggest identifying the coaches you're looking for, and visiting whatever dealers list them. You don't have to tell them you're shopping other dealers, they'll know. The major dealers are a good place to shop, and it's a much better time of year to be shopping than when I was. You're buying a coach, not a salesman. Sometimes you'll get a some follow-up service on a used purchase, but rarely very much. So focus on the coach you want and the price.

Thanks a bunch. Surprisingly, that's two good endorsements for CW in a row. We've had our travel trailer to CW to cover some warranty issues, I can't say that I've come away feeling great about the experience. Anyway, thanks for the tips. Always appreciated!

Safe travels.

Archived