Pensacola, FL

cestlaviethree

Hey All,

I wanted to take a second and brag on the city of Pensacola in Florida. The family and I had a fantastic trip there last weekend. There are plenty of RV campground with in about 20 miles give or take. We are a bit nerding when it comes to the education stuff and Pensacola did a great job of capturing its history, with an awesome walking tour of the historic town. You get direct access to many of there old homes and industrial sites. When it was time to eat, the food was amazing! Hop on google or any other foodie website for recommendation. We ate at a little restaurant down by the harbor called Jayco's. Don't want to ramble away the day, but wanted to recommend this visit to any folks that might be in the panhandle.

All the best.

-CLV3

Our Blog: www.cestlaviethree.com

post-55486-0-17609300-1468096379_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing.

We use RV Park Reviews and this forum to find RV Parks and sites to visit. We like to eat out a lot and use Yelp to find restaurants. While passing thru Alturas CA last week we found Sully's RV Park and Antonio's Cucina Italiana walking distance from the park and excellent food. Very unexpected in such a small town. Across the street from the RV park was a huge city park to walk our dog.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I spent time in early May with our Navy son stationed in Pensacola. Also agree, great place to visit. Check out the farmers market on Saturday mornings. As said, restaurants are very good and lots to do with the harbor, forts , old lighthouse, historic downtown, Naval Air museum and much more.

Yes, it is a nice town. The Air Museum is great and there was an air show the last time we were there. We also had a nice meal - family style at a long table - in one of the old homes. . . good Southern cooking. We spent a few winters at Gulf State Park, Gulf Shores, Alabama so it was an easy day trip.

Archived