NEW FIREARM LAWS IN CALIFORNIA

Refuzn-To-Grow-Up

https://oag.ca.gov/sites/all/files/agweb/pdfs/firearms/pdf/cfl2016.pdf

Summary of Calif. Gun Laws issued by the "State".

Does not this excerpt provide for keeping firearms?

FIREARMS IN THE HOME, BUSINESS OR AT THE CAMPSITE

Unless otherwise unlawful, any person over the age of 18 who is not prohibited from possessing firearms may have a loaded or unloaded firearm at his or her place of residence, temporary residence, campsite or on private property owned or lawfully possessed by the person . Any person engaged in lawful business (including nonprofit organizations) or any officer, employee or agent authorized for lawful purposes connected with the business may have a loaded firearm within the place of business if that person is over 18 years of age and not otherwise prohibited from possessing firearms . (Pen . Code, §§ 25605, 26035 .) NOTE: If a person’s place of business, residence, temporary residence, campsite or private property is located within an area where possession of a firearm is prohibited by local or federal laws, such laws would prevail .

TRANSPORTATION OF FIREARMS

Handguns California Penal Code section 25400 does not prohibit a citizen of the United States over 18 years of age who is in lawful possession of a handgun, and who resides or is temporarily in California, from transporting the handgun by motor vehicle provided it is unloaded and stored in a locked container . (Pen . Code, § 25610 .) The term "locked container" means a secure container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock, combination lock, or similar locking device . This includes the trunk of a motor vehicle, but does not include the utility or glove compartment . (Pen . Code, § 16850 .)

Lance-white-sands-500.jpg

~Rich

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With our new White House Administration and the Republican majority, hopefully the Nattional Comcealed Carry will reach fruition soon...

Are we willing to forego the Tenth Amendment?

Considering the fact that the Tenth Amendment gives individual states the power to enact laws more restrictive than federal laws for such things NOT covered by the Constitution, how would a change in federal law pertaining to the right to bear arms, be contrary to the tenth amendment?

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

With our new White House Administration and the Republican majority, hopefully the Nattional Comcealed Carry will reach fruition soon...

Are we willing to forego the Tenth Amendment?

And why would that stop them? Sure didn't stop the Fed's from making the laws governing CDL's a Federal Standard that ALL the States have to abide by.

Joe

I also agree this does not belong in the HDT forum

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Is it just me or do others think this and multiple other posts here don't belong in the HDT forum?

I started this post to make my fellow HDT'ers aware of recent California firearm laws that could cause non-California residents grief.

With that said, I agree with you, "the train has gone off the rails" and has moved into the realm of politics, which is best left to campfire discussions. Duraduk's post (#72) was the logical conclusion to this thread.

Safe Travels

I started this post to make my fellow HDT'ers aware of recent California firearm laws that could cause non-California residents grief.

I can appreciate that, but then why not post it in General RV Information"? Whenever a deeply personal or political subject is started, it's like lighting a fuse. There probably needs to be another forum heading for such subjects. So many off subject items just "pollute" the subject of HDT's. Anyway, just one man's opinion.

"There are No Experts, Do the Math!"

2014 Freightliner Cascadia DD16 600hp  1850ft-lb  18spd  3.31  260"wb
SpaceCraft S-470
SKP #131740

With that said, I agree with you, "the train has gone off the rails" and has moved into the realm of politics, which is best left to campfire discussions. Duraduk's post (#72) was the logical conclusion to this thread.

Safe Travels

Politics & gun laws often defy logic....sad but true.

Drive on....(logic can be rare at times...)

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Archived