Total 12 VDC Accessory Rewire Project

RandyA

I use/have a suicide knob on the wheel as well. For the most part the only time I use it is when we're backing into a tight spot and I need to turn the wheel from far right to left or vice-versa. I installed mine on the wheel at about 10 o'clock.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Awesome job Randy.

What is the little switch on the gearshift for?

Oh. That's for the NOX system when I want to blow a Pete off the road :lol: . OK, I'm lying. Like David answered, it controls a relay for a pneumatic cylinder that pulls the clutch in. That was a project from several years back - it may still be posted on here somewhere.

Back to the heat shrink wiring tool. I mentioned earlier that I had tried it after seeing Jeff's post just using a fine tip permanent marker on something other than black heat shrink. Well, it works great and I won't need to buy a special tool and expensive heat shrink next time. Just thought I would show you. Of course, the new tool would be more fun and add to the toy box.

shrink%204.jpg

Ultra Fine Permanent Ink Felt Tip Marker

shrink%201.jpg

That is a #12 wire in the background. The foreground is a small section of yellow heat shrink tubing I have used the marker to write on.

shrink%203.jpg

On the wire and all shrunk up real tight like-with a heat gun. No, it does NOT rub off. Thanks, Jeff. Why didn't you give me the idea earlier?

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Archived