2001 Volvo 610 Conversion for sale

Corrected on 5/26/2016 :wacko:

Since I have sold my trailer, my insurance will also be cancelled within a matter of weeks on my Volvo. I have therefore decided to sell it in the most expedient way possible, through an auction at: http://www.indianaautoauction.net/auctions/dealer-auction/run-list&type=heavy_duty&lane=HD&date=1464670800

It will be advertised on their site soon, and included in the May 31'st auction. Someone will likely get a great deal on an already converted hauler.

2001 Volvo VLN64, titled as an RV in Indiana;

61" sleeper, with shore power, inverter, refrigerator & Microwave (both new, never used), camping porta-pottie under the bunk.

Cummins N14 Celect Plus engine

10 speed transmission, twin screw

ET junior air hitch (less than 20 miles in use) with 2" receiver built under the hitch

844760 miles

Steel deck

I have over 25k in the vehicle, but will be thrilled if I can get even 1//2 out of it. Rolling the dice with an auction....

Photos here:http://s665.photobucket.com/user/HD_RIDER92/library/Volvo

Jess

I added some photos as requested, some show the camper which has been sold.

http://s665.photobucket.com/user/HD_RIDER92/library/Volvo

This album is marked public, hopefully this shows what you want to see.... These photos were taken before the decision was made to sell, so they aren't the best as far as showing details. The auction house will be including their own photos in their advertising. Sorry for the delay in getting this included.

Jess

Good luck with the auction. Buddy of mine buys hundreds of trucks there a year. He had one like it a few weeks ago. But with a 12.7 Detroit engine and 10 speed along with 2.78 gears. Not sure what he paid for it, but he offered it to me for $85oo. If he gets this one I will sure look at it hard.

Pete

Obviously this isn't they way that I would have preferred to handle this, but with insurance being cancelled in a matter of days my options were limited. No insurance meant no test drives could be offered, and few people would have been interested in buying something like this without being able to drive it first. The exception is an auction. Someone will likely get a great deal on this conversion. I hate to see it go after all the work that I put into it, but that happens in life.

Good luck with the auction. Buddy of mine buys hundreds of trucks there a year. He had one like it a few weeks ago. But with a 12.7 Detroit engine and 10 speed along with 2.78 gears. Not sure what he paid for it, but he offered it to me for $85oo. If he gets this one I will sure look at it hard.

Pete

The fellow that I talked to at the auction house said he hadn't seen one like this go through there, but he just recently returned from being a snowbird himself. As I understand, it will offered during their "heavy truck" auction segment, the first week in June. Those are open to the general public, whereas the auto auctions are open to only registered dealers. It's a roll of the dice, as are all auctions. I'll know in a couple of weeks what the results are. I guess any results will be better than having it land locked in my drive with no insurance or plates....

For anyone following this thread, the Volvo is now listed in the upcoming auction on Tuesday, 5/31. Rather than the link first listed, it can be found on this run list, complete with pictures they have taken: http://www.indianaautoauction.net/auctions/dealer-auction/run-list&type=heavy_duty&lane=HD&date=1464670800

It is currently the only 2001 on the list. It was position 7, that may change as more are added.

Somebody is gonna get a lot of truck for the buck. I'm sorry for your circumstance. Wish I could have the bed for mine lol Did you build that? I need to get some details on what you did. I really like it.

Thank you. The bed was built by myself & my brother-in-law. He had built several pick up truck beds, so this was just a modification of that. It was built out of square tubes & the boiler-plate stamped steel. We bolted mounting plates to the frame rails, then welded the bed frame to the mounting plates, making it easier to remove should it become necessary. It was designed to cover the tires and carry moderate loads, but not designed for a car. I'll find some of the photos I took during the process & get them uploaded later.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived