Let me tell you about my day

Brad & Jacolyn

Well here is the news from yesterday. I went to visit CW and they were finalizing the estimate to send to the insurance company. I told them when we first went in to order the parts because no matter who had to pay for them I still had to have them. The parts have been ordered and the tire and wheel have been shipped. The new axle assembly will ship next Tuesday. I asked why so long and was told they have to build it before they can ship it. Makes sense. So it is supposed to be complete. Just remove the U bolts and attach. The mechanic told me the hardest part is bleeding the brakes. I also ordered bearing packs for the other axle so I'll have all new bearings.

As for the Moryde suggestions. I don't understand what the big difference would be. It still has wheel bearings (I'm assuming that is why the wheels go around) and that is what failed. I have never had any complaints about the ride.

Keep good thoughts that everything goes as planned. Holiday weekend coming fast and could mess with timing.

Rickw, I'll lead for awhile and try hard not to break anything else. This year is getting expensive for both of us.

Brad

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.

Archived