National HDT Rally

sdixon747

Steve or Gail

Thank you for updating our registration to our first national rally. I was wondering if you do name tags for each person could you please put Ginny instead of Virginia on her name tag. Thank you

Looking forward to seeing everyone soon.

Maurice

I certainly will. That's not a problem. I'm looking forward to seeing you there.

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The scene outside Gail's house getting registrations sorted and delivered (minus the weather):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzxIsiMyasA

For anyone curious, here's the spot where that's located (look a block north of the marker).

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

Looks like we will be coming to the rally sent in registration Monday

Excellent!!

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Howdy All,

Well the check is in the mail, looks like you folks will have to put up with me and Newt again this year. :D

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

We have another addition to the "Mini RV Show" on Wednesday during the National HDT Rally. I just got confirmation that Jack Wheeler with M&K Sport Coach will be bring a Renegade Motorcoach for all to see. Another great addition to the "Mini RV Show".

Steve & Gail

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

How about we do the tetris thing with the time lapse photography like we did a few years ago. OK everyone, hook up to your trailers, this year the group pic has all the equipment. Ready GO.

Jeff Beyer temporarily retired from Trailer Transit
2000 Freightliner Argosy Cabover
2008 Work and Play 34FK
Homebase NW Indiana, no longer full time

How about we do the tetris thing with the time lapse photography like we did a few years ago. OK everyone, hook up to your trailers, this year the group pic has all the equipment. Ready GO.

You would need to go to the other side of the Grand Stand for that, I think. A time lapse of everyone parking in the campground would be nice. How long can a drone stay flying?

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

You would need to go to the other side of the Grand Stand for that, I think. A time lapse of everyone parking in the campground would be nice. How long can a drone stay flying?

Rod

Not that long. But we could potentially mount a camera (even my little point-and-shoot would work) to take photos every 5 minutes or so.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

Speaking about camo -- didn't see your name on the Rally list bro!!!

What's up with that?? Or are you enjoying your grandson too much?? (can never be too much)

Right now I'm about 90% sure we are not going to make it. We may try and come down for a couple of days and just overnight in a hotel. And we now have two Grandsons. Double the fun.

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

I am probably going to set up and do another time lapse of "Picture Day" parking. I'll also bring my drone so Gregg can get some aerial footage of it. Getting a time lapse of all the rigs parking in the RV Park is not practical. Someone would have to get a camera to a high enough vantage point and leaving it there for a week or more. That just won't work. Remember, a lot of people will start showing up as much as a week early, as soon as the Good Sams rally is over. Maybe I could take the drone up daily and get an updated photo of the day's arrivals. During the rally, I'll try to keep the Facebook page updated so that those of you that can't make it this year will be able to see some of the stuff going on.

Steve & Gail

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Just a reminder, the National HDT Rally is just over a month away. If you haven't sent in your registration, it's not too late. If you plan on coming but have not sent in your registration, please PM or email me. If you are going to mail in your registration, I will need to receive it by September 16th as we will be leaving shortly after that. If you can't get it to me by then, you can still come and pay cash at the rally.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Steve & Gail

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

We are looking forward to coming to the 2017 rally! For the 2016 we will still stuck be in our stick & brick out here in crazy California :-/

2004 Volvo 630, Cummins ISX, Eaton 10 speed (air assist clutch), 3.71 3.07 rear locker, ET jr, 200" WB, GearMaster

2017 Forest River Sierra 372LOK

Full time June 2017

DW, 2 kids, and 2 dogs

We are looking forward to coming to the 2017 rally! For the 2016 we will still stuck be in our stick & brick out here in crazy California :-/

The 2017 West Coast Rally is a bit closer in Caldwell, Idaho June 15-19, 2017. Your welcome to join us even if you don't have a HDT.

What part of Cali are you in?

We will be coming from WA is there anyone else from here going to the rally. I'm looking for the best way to go we will be leaving on the 5th or 6th of Oct. some camp grounds close after Oct.15th. This will be our first trip across country just a little overwhelming

2011 Volvo D13 485/1750  Eaton 13 Speed

2016 Montana 3820FK

It should not be overwhelming, you just drive a day at a time. Besides moving our trailer from the dealer to a storage site and then from the storage site to a temporary location, that is the total experience we had before leaving Maryland on our full-timing adventure. A couple days and you will be more comfortable.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Hey, that's good news Dave!

Howdy Rocky,

Sorry for the late reply, I have riding my Ural in the hinterland of Canada. Yes it will be good to see you again, thanks so much for doing 98% of the install of the cruise control on the Smart Car at the last rally its working GREAT.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

We will be coming from WA is there anyone else from here going to the rally. I'm looking for the best way to go we will be leaving on the 5th or 6th of Oct. some camp grounds close after Oct.15th. This will be our first trip across country just a little overwhelming

Howdy dan412,

I live 50 miles northeast of Seattle, I'll be leaving from home on October 4th, I like to have at least one extra day in case something happens along the way. This will be my 3rd National Rally so I have an efficient route figured out, that said, I am a Walmart camper when doing long trips to a destination where I will then be staying in a camp ground. When I do this trip I spend the first night at a Walmart in Caldwell Idaho, the second night at a Walmart in Rock Springs Wyoming, the third night at a Walmart in Lexington Nebraska, pulling into the rally site on the fourth day.

This allows quick travel on good roads and provides a safe place to spend the night each evening of the trip. I know some look down on those of us who camp or I should say OVERNIGHT at Walmart so be it, it benefits Walmart as I always need something and it benefits me as I can't justify spending 30-50 dollars a night when all I want is a safe place to park and sleep.

Dave

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Steve, we are planing on being at rally site the afternoon of the 2nd, so if you need help moving stuff from storage let us know, Jim & Norma

the sailor & his Lady

1998 Volvo 610 "Big Red"

2006 Newmar Kountry Aire "Mother Goose"

2013 Smart Car "Lil' Red"

" If you aren't living on the edge, you are just taking up space "

Steve, we are planing on being at rally site the afternoon of the 2nd, so if you need help moving stuff from storage let us know, Jim & Norma

Thanks Jim, I appreciate the offer.

Steve & Gail

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

I have not seen anyone else ask, so here goes.

Any idea what the electronics project is going to entail on the Wednesday? I seen that the ECR was a photon controlled tank monitor and some comments that it might be the same. I am in the process of getting parts ordered and such and wanted to make sure I won't miss out on the fun - been many years since I have played on the hardware side of electronics.

Steven

Archived