National HDT Rally

sdixon747

Sorry you folks are getting so much rain, at least it has been late at night so far.

I will offer to host an open house at my shop if any of you are interested, the shop is a couple miles south of the fair grounds at D and Washington, a block west of Main st. Plenty of parking even indoors, perhaps 8 trucks sans trailers.

Steve

2005 Peterbilt 387-112 Baby Cat 9 speed U-shift

1996/2016 remod Teton Royal Atlanta

1996 Kentucky 48 single drop stacker garage project

catdiesellogo.jpg.e96e571c41096ef39b447f78b9c2027c.jpg Pulls like a train, sounds like a plane....faster than a Cheetah sniffin cocaine.   

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's killing me not to be at the rally this year. I hope you guys are having a blast. Where are the photos????

Photos can be found on the HDT Rarlly Facebook page

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Not very exciting but it shows some of these beautiful rigs.

Thanks for sharing! I hate it that I wasn't able to go to check out all the trucks. I saw you had a couple more vids on your channel of a few people driving one of Gregg's trucks.

And your second video gave me an ah-ha moment when I saw that 2nd Cyclone Toy Hauler at the end with the motorcycle parked under the front part. Just because I've never owned a 5th wheel, I hadn't even thought about that, but great idea to get the bike out of the way, but still somewhat protected from the elements.

If anyone is carrying any motorcycles on the back of their rig or in some sort of garage setup on the rig, I'd love to see that too if you get a chance. Just looking for different ideas of how to carry motorcycles, besides always in a toy hauler.

Dan (Class of 2017) - 2012 Ram 3500 & 2005 Alpenlite Valhalla 29RK
Contact me at rvsolarconsulting.com or Two Wheel Ramblin

We met Steve in Hutch earlier in the year, toured his shop and stayed at the fairgrounds. His shop is not to be missed. He was very kind and hospitable to us and we really enjoyed our visit with him. He is a really interesting guy and also knows the best place to get killer BBQ. Charlie

Don't ever tell a soldier that he doesn't understand the cost of war.

Jen and I really miss being with you all this year.

Thought for sure we could, but family matters come first.

Welcome to all the newbes and hope we can meet you down the road.
Steve and Gail, thanks for your hard work, stay in touch.

Yamaha V-Star
2007 Kenworth T2000 tandem aircutter
ThermoKing TriPack
2003 Holiday Rambler 36' Presidential
short trips-88 Allegro on Astro

Steve & Gail have definitely worked very hard at putting this rally together it shows. All though this is my first HDT Rally it is not my first rally and I am so impressed with the way everything is running. I have never been to any rally that was exacuted as well as this one.

GREAT JOB you two and thank you for all the hard work we've had and are having a great time.

Norm & Rhonda

Norm & Rhonda

2013 Volvo VNL780 500HP D-13 12 Speed iShift Trans

2008 Jayco F 36 V 40' Toy Hauler

2016 Smart Fortwo Prime

2014 Harley-Davidson CVO Limited

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

Great pictures. So sorry we had to miss it. I entered the hospital Saturday morning and did not get out until yesterday. I didn't even feel like reading the forum. We plan on making the west coast rally. Working on truck batteries right now though. Have a great day and safe travels as you all leave.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Well, the National HDT Rally has made the big time! We made the front page of the local paper and the 6 o'clock news in Wichita.

http://www.kake.com/story/33395917/full-timer-big-rig-campers-rally-in-hutchinson

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

Well, the National HDT Rally has made the big time! We made the front page of the local paper and the 6 o'clock news in Wichita.

http://www.kake.com/story/33395917/full-timer-big-rig-campers-rally-in-hutchinson

No longer hidden in plain sight. Nice article and news story. Next year maybe it will hit the national news.

Rod

ps, looks like a great rally sorry I wasn't able to attend. Looking forward to next year.

rl

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

If you are concerned about that, Glenn, maybe you want to delete your post that really spells it out.

Jim

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

The photo page for the 2016 National HDT Rally has been posted. It is a very large page.

We are missing a few faces. Those missing could send in photos.

Some of the presentations have been posted. We are waiting for presentations from the rest of the presenters.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Archived