Shaky drivers mirror

rdickinson

Most likely a worn out mirror actuator. There are a couple of different mirrors used on the Gen 2 Volvos. Most internal mirror parts can be accessed by removing the back cover. On older models if you look at the cover you will see 2 caps that need to be removed to access the cover mounting screws. Remove those screws and you should beable to get to the mirror internal parts. On some models you may also have to remove the radio/CB antenna to get the mirror cover off.

Hi Roger--

What year is your truck? I had the same problem with my driver's mirror, and the passenger side needed help with its mounting arms (which were plastic). I ended up getting two mirrors off of an '07 truck--much better design, bigger mirror surface, and the lower arm stays out of sight. Both arms are metal, and all of the connectors were the same.

Here's before:

DSCN0387.jpg

And after:

IMAG0536.jpg

It wasn't cheap, but the two used mirrors were still less than the complete replacement (from Volvo) I needed for the passenger side.

45' 2004 Showhauler -- VNL300, ISX, FreedomLine -- RVnerds.com -- where I've started to write about what I'm up to

Headlight and Fog Light Upgrades http://deepspacelighting.com

Truck is an '09 , metal arms. Not sure if I have the extra gusset going back on an angle. Can check in the am. They are pretty skookum 'cus I use them to pull myself up on top of the tire when cleaning windows.

I'd post a pic but forgot how.

Just zoomed in on an existing pic, mine are the same as the second pic with the brace back to the door.

I did try the pocket clip on the cap of a bic pen when enroute but it seemed there had to be a better fix. UTube didn't provide any help last night. A number of little things need attention but none of them really big issues but stack them up and it bugs me when things don't work, it looks sloppy and is not the way I operate.

Archived