2001 Freightliner Truck Conversion

February 11, 2017

Price reduced to $52,000.00

July 12, 2016

Just had the Freightliner serviced today.

Oil changed, lubed, oil and fuel filters replaced, brakes adjusted, 20 point inspection, two windshield wiper blades and air conditioner recharged with R134. Two weeks ago had both starting batteries replaced with two group 31, 925 cranking amps.

Mileage: 132,105 miles

We have decided to sell our custom-built 2001 Freightliner Truck Conversion.

1.JPG

She has been an excellent motorhome for us; dependable and comfortable as we traveled in our music ministry. http://www.thegooddeeds.com/ As we age and are entering a new chapter in our lives it is time to sell.

We specified the requirements for the Freightliner FL70 truck and purchased it new. Transport Designs, Inc. in Montoursville, PA built the Truck Conversion. This motorhome has served us well as we traveled widely spending 5-6 months on the road each year.

She is a "drivers" vehicle. I say this as she has a fully synchromesh manual transmission, allowing you to pick the proper gear for the situation. The rig was designed using the KIS (keep it simple) principle for reliability. There are no slide-outs, but she is 102" wide providing plenty of living space for two people. Her length is 36'- 9" including the truck cab. Everything was designed and built with practicality in mind looking toward durability and simplicity. Quality materials and appliances were chosen.

As of May 2016 the total mileage is 132,100 miles.

Caterpillar 3126b engine 300 HP/860 lb.ft.Torque

Eaton-Fuller 6 speed overdrive fully synchromesh manual transmission.

The Truck Conversion is located in San Luis Obispo County, California and is registered in California as a "Motorhome". California does not require a special drivers license as the GVWR is 26,000 lb.

Selling Price is $52,000.00 (reduced price)

Specifications for the truck and conversion can be seen at:

http://ustruckin.blogspot.com/

Pictures of the Truck Conversion can be seen at:

http://ustruckinpictures.blogspot.com/2016/05/blog-post_2.html

I may be reached at garydeeds@gmail.com

Gary Deeds

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think you overloaded anyone, quite the opposite. I see a well written add with plenty of good pictures. All the important information is there so basic questions are not needed. I'm guessing from your comment that you haven't had any nibbles as of yet. The only thing that might catch the eye of potential buyers scanning ads would be to change the title from "Truck Conversion" to "Super C Motorhome". Otherwise the add should be a template for how an add should be done.

John

• 1 month later...

February 11, 2017

Back on the market! Price Reduced to $52,000. Ready for Spring Travel.

I have replaced the coach batteries with three Trojan Group 31 Deep Cycles.

Just had the Freightliner serviced today.

Oil changed, lubed, oil and fuel filters replaced, brakes adjusted, 20 point inspection, two windshield wiper blades and air conditioner recharged with R134. Two weeks ago had both starting batteries replaced with two group 31, 925 cranking amps.

Mileage: 132,105 miles

• 6 months later...

GaryD...

Ran across your post. By now you have probably sold the Freightliner, but was really curious. Curious because I am trying to decide if I want a rig similar to what you had. I just recently made the jump to being a full-timer and have a 1996 Travel Supreme 38'. I have always liked the motorhomes for all-in-one. I still work part time in the insurance business so I would be pulling a small truck behind. If you have the time and would not mind talking on the phone I would love top speak with you about your experiences with the Freightliner. My number is 281-796-1490. hope to hear from you some time. In Christ....Ben Dille

Archived