How Can You Check Cab Air Bags and Shocks?

SuiteSuccess

My cab airbags have some checking but inflate ok, shocks not leaking that I can tell. Pulled out old inspection sheet from when I bought truck which said would need replacing soon. How can I tell if "soon" is now?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

I replaced my cab shocks last weekend. Without a doubt, the best $48 I have spent on the truck since I bought it. They're easy to replace, two bolts each. If there's any question, replace them. The difference in ride quality was amazing on my truck.

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

Short of actual failure I don't know of any other indicators to let you know that "soon" is now based on what you already know. I think this is just one of those items that for piece of mind you go ahead and replace. When building my truck my initial intentions were to replace my cab bags and shocks before building the bed but due to my bed build timeline getting compressed due to unforeseen circumstances, it was tackled a few years afterwords as I continued to replace/fix various items that I was unsure of the age and/or their proximity to the end of their life. In my case I let the shop I use replace them while doing other work. I knew the bed would make it more difficult but even so the shop was able to do it quickly.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

I noticed a great improvement at each change of shocks. I first did the front shocks and found a noticeable improvement on ride and steering. Next I changed the back shocks and found another improvement in ride and handling. That surprized me as I did not expect much of a change from drive axel shocks. Next I did the cab shocks and that took the roll out of the cab.

My advise is that if you have lots of miles on the shocks just change them.

You will be pleasantly surprized on how much better the truck will feel on the road.

2004 Volvo 630, Freedomline, Rear view camera, Max Brake, Jackalopee, 38 ft 4 horse LQ Platinum, 40ft Jayco Talon toy hauler

Http:/www.flickr.com/photos/shallow_draft/

Https://flic.kr/p/fqhyAN

You are not lost if you don't care where you are!!

Thanks everyone.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Archived