New rear end

lenp

As many of you know I have been busy getting my new (to me) motorcycle carrier installed. Part of the installation required adding two new outboard receivers. These receivers would have been hidden by the lower rear cap (which is a 32" tall piece of molded plastic that covers the lower third of the rear of the coach). I had thought I could just trim a little off of it and all would be good. Unfortunately when I removed it I discovered someone else had made prior repairs consisting of what appeared to be bondo inside the cap.

Instead of trying to trim it I elected to fabricate two new diamond plate "quarter panels" and some other minor trim pieces. Finished the project this morning and I think it looks pretty darn good!

post-5367-0-61230700-1462340366_thumb.jpg

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

Lenp, nice job. I'll never forget, a number of years ago we were in Daytona, FL. I needed a piece of the aluminum "diamond plate" for a project on our travel trailer. Went hunting for a place, told the guy what I wanted, got that deer in the headlight look. I then said "you know, that bright aluminum with diamonds on one side that cover about 50% of fire trucks". He then comes back and says "oh, you want Treadbrite". Got the project done.

Archived