Texas ... Too long at 70' with commercial truck?

KWT660HDT

Rick

gave you good advise. most highway patrol are not dot officers. they don't pay much attention to you. now my story i have a friend who is tagged in tx. some of you may have seen this truck at the hdt ralllys. truck is a stretch international carrys a jeep on the bed. pulls a 34' hitchhiker and pull a 12' box trailer for the Harley. 84' long . he never speeds. i passed him one going the other way in wyo once you can't miss that going down the road. he just takes his chances going for a length ticket. you are much safer the some folks pulling a heaver newmar duel wheel trailer with an old 1 ton dodge dully

2001 volvo 660 single.430hp autoshift 2011 Mobile Suites 38rssb3

I don't understand your response KWT660HDT - driver license class vs class 3 etc... ?

I guess what I was trying to say is how can a truck be registered as "private" and "commercial" at the same time. It is one or the other. You can use a commercial truck for private purposes but not the other way round...

With your private truck you can tow longer than 65ft combination in AB except with an RV trailer if they want to be sticky about the law. I can't see AB DOT bothering you for a couple or 3 feet. If you convert a 53ft trailer whether or not it is an "RV" is open to discussion at the scale parking lot. A production RV rig covered with swoops and swirls stretched out to 80 feet might attract DOT attention.

Again when you leave Alberta the dimension laws where you are apply, no matter what your home registration allows.

I think Big5er gave you good advice.

Are you pulling a 53ft conversion now?

Always interested in looking at rigs with real 4 season capability B)

Travel safe

alberta has 3 classes of commercial plates - class 3 is for ' non commercial use of a commercial vehicle' my truck registration says 'commercial'

Confusing eh

Not so regarding the lengths according to the registry i'm good up to 75' everywhere rv or not is what i was told cause it's registered as commercial

Except With the same limitations as regular commercial vehicles i.e. In the states if you drive off of the national road network then every state has different allowed lengths NY for example is 65' for commercial vehicles outside of the national road network

Yes some states may declare me an rv and limit me to 65' - but not Canada thankfully

Nope i haven't got the 53' trailer yet maybe in a couple of years

45' toyhauler for now

Yan

2013 KW T660

485HP, 18 speed & locking tandems

2015 XLR 45' Toy-hauler

Archived