Bedroom Slide Out Problem

We have a 2003 Gulf Stream Class 'A' DPwith an electric screw gear slide out. When we arrived at the campground last weekend I noticed the bottom of the slide out was out about 1/4 of an inch. when we went to push the slide out it didn't move. We heard the motor whirling but no movement. We manually pushed the slide out and it went out okay. I proceededto remove the closet floor exposng the screw drive mechanism. Once I was able to see the mechanism it looked like everything was moving as it should with the exception of the slide. While hitting the In/Outbutton I noticed that there was an aluminum block that was moving up and down the screwdrive. I am guessing that the aluminum block should be bolted to something somewhere. I have been unable to find what manufacturer the slide mechanismis or a diagram on line to see if my guess is correct. Anyone have any place that might assist.

Thanks,

jim

event.png

I'm not sure, but Gulf Stream has used several different "powergear" drive systems. I have manuals for a couple.. but, unfortunately, not for the screw drive. I think you're right though. On other rigs with screw drives that block should have a fitting on the underside of the slide to attach to. You could always contact Gulf Stream directly to try and get a hold of a manual, but if you have adequate access you might be able to reattach it yourself.

A small mirror on the floor might help to bounce some light up underneath the edge of the slide and allow for easier viewing.

Hey Yarome,

I tried looking under the slide and there isn't even enough room to get my pinky finger in the opening. I even tried shining a flashlight to see if I could maybe seen screws or anything in the area, but nothing. I found a number for Gulf Stream and will try and call them tomorrow. From what I have seen on the different forums I don't hold out much hope for help from them.

Hi Kirk,

Thanks for the reply. I took a look at the manual you mentioned and it doesn't show the slide I have.

Most if the diagrams and manuals I have found most show a gear drive which is different than mine. Mine has a worm drive type screw right in the middle. The motor is against the back of the slide. The slide also has scissor type arms on each end.

event.png

Archived