Looking for a used toad

I am Looking for a used vehicle that is setup for flat towing behind my 40ft Class A motorhome. I am located in the Palm Springs, California area. If you know of someone who is looking to sell their toad or can suggest some area on the web which would be better to search I would really appreciate your suggestions. Thanks in advance for your help.

We just decided this week to 'refit' our lifestyle from a Class A with a toad to a 5th wheel pulled by a Class 8 truck. We will now look for a CRV or RAV4, etc. as a drive-along car for the simple reason that we have two large dogs that are a part of the family! Our Smart Cabriolet wont' cut it :-(

Our toad has been wonderful and can be procured with its' turn-key components too! I can send photos and details as well. Here's the basics;

2001 Jeep Wrangler TJ Sport 4.0L automatic. 87K on a straight six cylinder 2 door that can go and go and...

Color is silver with a black soft top including a brand new in the box 2nd soft top with tinted windows.

Brand new BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A's tires about 12 months ago running on nitrogen gas- We love the ride since the most off road we do is pretty much dirt roads.

We had it professionally lifted (ACOS spacers) and the differentials tuned to give greater climbing power.

We had JKS quick disconnects installed for our sway bar and it makes our jeep feel more as though it is floating on trails and does not give us whiplash. Takes just a minute or so to attach again to the sway bar. The wheel articulation of our jeep makes it wonderful in pot hole trails, etc.

We purchased it stock from a dealer here in Arizona a few years ago and had it professionally lifted shortly afterwards. Since then we also added a trail rack/tire carrier with a place for a gas can and a rack above for luggage, firewood, etc.It has a Cobra all-in-one CB and quick disconnect whip antenna. There are many 'off road' parts we purchased for off road challenge adventures more but we never installed them. They are also available or can be included. We have about 18K in our jeep 6K of which is for the gentle lifting, wheels & tires changed to 33" and a nice step for each occupant to step in and out of the jeep in comfort.

The am/fm/cd radio has started to fail so it may need to be replaced.

We have the Road master tow bar configuration with the all-terrain 10K model. Our brake is the EvenBrake and all are in good working order.

Our Jeep runs very well and our upholstery is in excellent shape since we use seat covers to protect it. We have two dogs that love it when we store the back 'flip' bench seat so they have ton's of room when we adventure.

Currently we are in Southern AZ and getting ready to had for South Dakota and search for a 5th wheel. Let us know if you have questions

Tipper

We just sold our coach & have a Ford Flex that we have been towing. It's all set up for towing & in great condition. I have it listed in the classifieds but if you want more information let me know. We live in South Texas in Retama Village. If interested.

• 1 month later...

We have a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited with 32,000 miles ready to sell. It has a complete tow package including Blue Ox base plate, air force one, tow bar and lights. This Jeep has been garage kept when not on the road so is in excellent condition. Let me know if you are interested.

Ken, the RV Navigator.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived