Jump to content

Which LP valve adapter do I need


Recommended Posts

I am installing a catalytic heater in my RV and the hose/regulator that came with the heater (top in pic) and the extend a stay valve (bottom in pic) do not match...


Is there an adapter I can get to link the two?.... I found this one on Amazon that might work but not sure?...




Link to comment
Share on other sites

^^^ Yes the threads on the right would fit the heater hose connector but I can't use that one because it will already be in use to pass thru to the existing regulator.... See here... My assumption is I need the use the

"Grill Tee" to connect the heater


Link to comment
Share on other sites

The system, connector and regulator, on top of the picture is designed to go from a tank (high pressure) to the heater (low pressure). If the regulator/connector is replaced with a line that connects directly to the low pressure system in the RV it would work.


if you know how to do that correctly, great, if not have a propane or RV shop do it for you. Normally a low pressure disconnect is used and that allows the heater to be put away during the warmer months.


There are several "how-tos" on the web showing how this is done.


on edit: This is one of the ways to do the mod. : http://www.loveyourrv.com/mr-heater-big-buddy-hooked-to-my-rvs-lp-gas/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Mike... I agree and understand your concept but I don't want to make such a perm & expensive connection... I want to have the option of removing the heater hose/regulator and attaching a grill and gas fire pit too...


I have already bought these connectors - where I have them aligned in my pic is where they could in theory connect if I have the right adapter to fit them together ;-)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yes. the end of the hose you picture is the end that goes to the bottle. on the valve, the top is the thread found on the 1 pound bottles. on the valve the one to the right is the thread found on 20 pound bottles. The one with a blue cap, i can't tell, but looks like the old internal thread on the 20 pound bottles. I am not sure this is the valve you need.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you installed the extend a stay , then you could easily and very inexpensively accomplish what Mike described .


From the yellow handled ball valve to the gas pipe is what you'd need , along with what ever hose to connect your heater .




Or , using what you already have , the black hand nut portion of the regulator would be replaced with a nipple that would screw into the thread adapter of the tank tee .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RVers Online University


Our program provides accurate individual wheel weights for your RV, toad, and tow vehicle, and will help you trim the pounds if you need to.

RV Cable Grip

RV Cable Grip

All the water you need...No matter where you go

Country Thunder Iowa

Nomad Internet

Rv Share

Dish For My RV.

RV Air.

Find out more or sign up for Escapees RV'ers Bootcamp.

Advertise your product or service here.

The Rvers- Now Streaming

RVTravel.com Logo

  • Create New...