First, let me suggest that if you are monitoring this closely, come back and post some means of people getting into contact with you. Since we are still in Texas, I am unable to do much but I am also posting this plea to both the Escapee Facebook page and also to the Escapee Friends page so we will hope that someone is in contact with you very soon. If you can get to either of these pages, I suggest that you also go there and add contact information to each of the posts that I just started there.

Best of luck! Do let us know what is happening with this emergency.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I just added your phone number to the two Facebook locations so with a little bit of luck we will find you some assistance.

That sounds like the electronic module has gone berserk as all of those functions go through that master modal in modern trucks and cars. I just had to get one replaced in our Dodge/Cummins. The original symptom was the right turn signals to the trailer didn't work. I did some trouble shooting and traced it back to a separate relay that is for the trailer plug, separate from the signals on the truck. My independent mechanic friend also has some electronics experience and he pulled out the module and confirmed that it was that relay, but when he opened it up he found a lot of corrosion and replacing the relay solved that but the reassembly caused new problems, so we gave in and replaced the module. Those things are very expensive but they seem to control everything nowadays.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Perhaps calling some RV dealers nearby could get you a tow to another campground or maybe ask another 5th wheel owner in the park. So sorry this happened but things have a way of working out.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

We need recommendations for a reputable towing company who can tow a 5th wheel to a new park...I'm open to paying a commercial service, or paying an Escapee's member...

My take is that you do not have a roadside assistance plan from Coachnet, Good Sam or similar and that your insurance on the truck/trailer does not include towing. Even if that is true, I would try contacting one of them starting with the insurance company and see if they can give you the name or names of towing companies in your area. Have you done an internet search. I did a quick one and came up with Bill's Wrecker Service which says they do RV towing.

On the road any "showstopper" makes us feel very vulnerable. I've been following and am glad you dodged the bullet. You sound like ex military with Plan B,C, and D. ;)

We had a roadside assistance program and it was invaluable when we burned up a wheel bearing coming back from Alaska between Sumas Washington and Tacoma. But be prepared because they took three hours and I had to find the tow service in the end. They did cover the bill. That was in 1999. Haven't needed one since. I'd get some feedback from members here who have used them if you plan on getting one and see how they do today.

Safe Travels!

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

David I didn't see anything snarky, no problem.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

Congrats on making a safe journey!! That is a favorite area of ours, we have been going over to the Westcliffe area for over 20 years!! If you haven't been over that way that would be a nice little day trip for you. Beautiful little town at the foot of the Sangre De Cristo mountain range. Also if there are any openings for Camp Host at the park you are at please let us know, our plans have changed and we would love to come that way! Thanks!!

Archived