Dual Sighting in Las Vegas

VegasFlyer

We saw two very impressive late model 780's running together in the Northwest part of Las Vegas yesterday.

One truck was white and the other was silver. Both were tandem with full beds with a RZR on each bed and both pulling a toyhauler.

Do we have some folks in the Vegas area who might be keeping a low profile?

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are probably hundreds, if not thousands, of HDTers running around out there that have no knowledge of Escapees, the forum, or that there are Rallies. I constantly run into others who don't have a clue we all exist and talk to each other.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Formulating the correctly rated and priced tow vehicle is a mathematical exercise.
Many come to the class 8 decision. It makes so much sense viewed lots of ways.

I also have met many HDT'ers that knew nothing of our groups.

When we can, we sure tell them.

Yamaha V-Star
2007 Kenworth T2000 tandem aircutter
ThermoKing TriPack
2003 Holiday Rambler 36' Presidential
short trips-88 Allegro on Astro

There are probably hundreds, if not thousands, of HDTers running around out there that have no knowledge of Escapees, the forum, or that there are Rallies. I constantly run into others who don't have a clue we all exist and talk to each other.

I find it had to believe that anyone could not know that WE exist. After all we are all such charming, friendly folks. :D

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

That makes total sense. We were just hoping that by chance, there might be a couple local lurkers in the area......lol

John

Southern Nevada

2008 Volvo 780, D13, I-Shift

2017 Keystone Fuzion 420 Toyhauler 

2017 Can-Am Maverick X3-RS

ALAKAZARCACODEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMS
event.png

• 3 months later...

We saw two very impressive late model 780's running together in the Northwest part of Las Vegas yesterday.

One truck was white and the other was silver. Both were tandem with full beds with a RZR on each bed and both pulling a toyhauler.

Do we have some folks in the Vegas area who might be keeping a low profile?

VegasFlyer:

I believe that would have been myself, and my buddy/neighbor. There is actually three 780's in our group and soon to be 4.

Mine: D16, iShift

CjcEysR.jpg

Friend #1 D12, Eaton 10spd Auto

Z1PjQjX.jpg?1

Friend #2 Cummins iSX and 18spd Eaton Auto

1qknuDB.jpg?1

Nice rigs.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Nice rigs.

Agree, very nice rigs. We ran into another HDTer in Crossville after the ECR. He was also unaware of this forum and the rallies, so gave him the link. Outside of the horse people are there other forums out there devoted to HDTs and RVing?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Agree, very nice rigs. We ran into another HDTer in Crossville after the ECR. He was also unaware of this forum and the rallies, so gave him the link. Outside of the horse people are there other forums out there devoted to HDTs and RVing?

Thanks SuiteSuccess.

This is the first site I came across in regards to HDT/RV's. I came across it while trying to find a 780 for a friend. And honestly, I dont even know how or what brought me here! The web is an endless rabbit hole of information :P

Send your friends the links for here. There are several rallys every year as well, 1 west coast, east coast, and middle which is in Kansas this fall.

None of them are computer savvy,,, Nor care to attend rallys.. We already struggle to go camping once a month or so.. and that is just to get away and ride (offroad/RZR's)

What RZR's are you guys putting on the bed of your rigs? We have a 730 that we pull our 45' weekend warrior with that houses our sand car in our 17' garage. So we were thinking about buying a rzr xp turbo 1000 for back up and want to transport it on the rear of the truck. Have you have any problems with LEO's?

We run either an XP1k or XPT (2 seaters) on the back of the trucks. I know we are over limit in width, but I have been told as long as we're within our mirrors, most LEO wont bother you. We keep it under the speed limit and dont drive like idiots, which helps. I am not sure about Cali... I am sure in Glamis they may hassle you. I know at Dumont we have never been bothered.

W96gULom.jpg?1

Who did the bed for you and friend #1?

Friend #1 owns a welding shop here in town. He built his bed and I painted it. Him and I built my bed. We even built 30gal fuel tanks for the toys that fit under the bed between the frame rails

I dont have any of his, but mine is almost 3" wider, his has aluminum diamond plate, mine is steel with grey bed liner coating

qwgh4IMm.jpg

2vo8Rzqm.jpg

When I still have the factory 5th wheel plate

rJshco4m.jpg

That's pretty brave putting a XP1K back there. I have wanted to do that myself, but too chicken to do so. They're right at 121" long (with paddles). I routinely carry my General back there, which is 118", though. It doesn't look as long since the bed adds an extra 6" or so.

Great looking trucks!

f994b566-03a5-4f79-9245-293b1fef044f-s.j

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

Way cool rigs!

Wish I could travel with like rigs...... Have a buddy who wants to tag along on 800 mile trip, but with his tiny fuel tank the stops are too frequent for me.

1999 Peterbilt 385 C12 430/1650 13spd

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4

2010 Hitchhiker Champagne 36 LKRSB

There are several for sale...... ;)

I think the problem with most of my friends is that they don't take traveling serious enough to make the jump. They are also too busy making the progression from small to large that they cant see how much easier and cheaper it would be to skip the middle steps.

1999 Peterbilt 385 C12 430/1650 13spd

2006 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4

2010 Hitchhiker Champagne 36 LKRSB

That's pretty brave putting a XP1K back there. I have wanted to do that myself, but too chicken to do so. They're right at 121" long (with paddles). I routinely carry my General back there, which is 118", though. It doesn't look as long since the bed adds an extra 6" or so.

Great looking trucks!

Thanks BMZ! My buddy has been doing it for 4/5 years now, and I've been doing it for 1.5 years. Never had an issues, but we also dont drive like idiots... :P

I'm headed to Phoenix this weekend to pick up a 2012 780 for a friend... I'll try and get pics as he repaints it and starts building a bed.

Qzqo2iVm.jpg

Archived