Sold - 2003 International 9200i Jeep Hauler - Sold.

post-12386-0-99078400-1460845881_thumb.jpg

post-12386-0-13023000-1460845910_thumb.jpg

post-12386-0-54359100-1460846100_thumb.jpg

I've been absent on the forum for the last few years as much has changed in my life and that is the reason for the sale of my HDT, which was built by Wayland Long of 2L Trucks. I'm back in the corporate world and simply don't have time to use this.

725,000 miles

500hp Cummins ISX - pre-emission 2003

ZF Meritor Freedomline 12 speed Autoshift

Custom Jeep Hauler Bed with Aluminum Ramps

Trailersaver air hitch

Back up Cameras (2)

New Leather interior with motorized couch (to bed)

Registered as a MH in Tennessee

Pressure Pro tire monitor system

8KW Onan Quiet Diesel generator plumbed to main diesel tanks

Located in Nashville TN.

For those of you who recall my travails and journeys, I had a real bugger of a time with this truck on a long trip in Canada as the transmission kept leaking. After removing it 3 times and essentially rebuilding it (and $17k spent) it was discovered that a "collector plate" was cracked - a very simple part. It is perfect now and you can rest assured that the transimission has had as much love and attention as any truck could ever have. Also, I feel that the truck slowed down a bit on long grades and I didn't expect that - so I had it dyno'd. It dyno'd at around 350HP… lower than a 500 HP engine should. The Cummins factory facility I took it to laughed and said they would never worry about that for the use I am putting it through. I took their advice. It has been a steady and reliable performer. I just ran it down to Houston from Nashville (to put the 5th Wheel on consignment at PPL) and it ran like a dream.

$36,500 OBO. Over $70k invested.

Contact me at jay(at)7agaming(dot)com.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like more pics as well, if still available. What kind of grade slow down are we talking about, btw, cause I agree with you and the factory. This rig shouldn't have a problem with what you (we) use it for as a 5th wheel hauler, and as such shouldn't have trouble with anything but the steepest of grades. I'll be spending most of my time out west, and am looking to maintain the speed limit, which I would think an HDT should have no trouble with only pulling a 5th wheel, even with a car on the bed.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone -

A pending sale fell through on this due to financing - but the nice fellow gave me a copy of the independent truck evaluation that he had done on it. She passed with pretty good colors and will be a great hauler to a future buyer. This girl really needs a home and my new wife says there's no room for her in our lives! This is a lot of truck for the money. Reduced to $33,500.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone -

I have been sort of locked out from my account (don't know if I forgot the password or what) but just got back into it and wanted to update this post to let you know it is still available. I have been sooo busy.... got married, honeymooned and now I need to get serious about selling this. I'm actually in Australia right now (no honeymoon - just work) but will be back home soon and hope to get this rig married to it's new owner!

I'm dropping the price to $30,000. New wife says get rid of it. :) If it doesn't sell at this price I'm going to sell the genset separately and then move the truck without it. It's a heckuva value and this rig has lots of life left in it.

Thanks

Jay

I'm stil interested and have sent a couple of emails since you let me know about your recent nuptuals. I'd really like to get answers to my questions and more pics that I can enlarge and view from angles for my info. Have a safe trip.

Hi Everyone -

I have been sort of locked out from my account (don't know if I forgot the password or what) but just got back into it and wanted to update this post to let you know it is still available. I have been sooo busy.... got married, honeymooned and now I need to get serious about selling this. I'm actually in Australia right now (no honeymoon - just work) but will be back home soon and hope to get this rig married to it's new owner!

I'm dropping the price to $30,000. New wife says get rid of it. :) If it doesn't sell at this price I'm going to sell the genset separately and then move the truck without it. It's a heckuva value and this rig has lots of life left in it.

Thanks

Jay

• 3 weeks later...

Man I wish I would have seen this before I bought my truck to convert, this is pretty much exactly what I want to end up with (only maybe singled).

Do you have any bed dimensions? Were there crossmemebers removed in order to be able to stow ramps in the center like that?

Where did you find the back seat in the sleeper?

• 3 weeks later...

what the crap did I get myself in too? :)

Shannon

Did you buy Jay's truck? If you did you got yourself one nicely built truck for a screaming deal I'd say.

Jay, I'm happy for you and sad for you. I know you spent a lot more to build it than you sold it for. I'm sad you won't get to drive it anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived