Help me appraise a truck.

tshearn

So first off, this truck is outside of the norm of what most on here are accustomed to I would imagine. And let me say that I am still 20+ years from retirement, and we currently only stay out 2-3 day weekends and a couple weeks for vacation most of the time.

With that being said, I need some help pricing a truck I've found that has sparked my interest. Here are the specs:

1995 Ford Aeromax

Factory single

M-11 Cummins at 370 hp

Super 10

260,000 miles

Double bunk sleeper

Already had stainless fenders and an aluminum deck

Good Michelin tires on aluminum wheels.

The truck has only been used to pull a race car trailer and was stored indoors. The exterior is very good and interior is above average for its age. Let me know what you think.

problems would be aged rubber, seals and the like. Maybe electrical connections corroded, but aside from that, should last you as long as you need it. Not sure on parts availibility for the cab and ford specific parts.

98 379 with 12.7 DD

LG Dodge w/5.9 CTD

Chrome habit I’m trying to kick.

problems would be aged rubber, seals and the like. Maybe electrical connections corroded, but aside from that, should last you as long as you need it. Not sure on parts availibility for the cab and ford specific parts.

Same concerns I have. I would expect a full service to include belts and most hoses right off the bat. The passenger window, which I think is electric, doesn't go down now. I expect parts could be hard to find.

Air or mechanical suspension?

Many of the trucks of that style and year were built as delivery type trucks and not for driver comfort.

Air suspension and cab. Sleeper is mounted on rubber. I think it was built specifically for and donated to this race team.

Tshearn WELCOME

Yes I agree about all the rubber needing upgraded, other than that what I call a go look at.

NOW hear is the rub 1. I doubt it was set up to run high way most of the time. That said what rear

drive gear is in it? A Ford or Chevy of that age and model type may be hard to have serviced on the

road. Even older commercial trucks can be serviced on the road, ie: Kenworth, Peterbuilt,

Volvo, Mack, etc.. almost any truck garage would be happy to help. Ford, Chevy etc. will be suggested

to go back to the dealer for service. The garages are not used to working on them and don't want to.

JMHO.

For an idea what to pay check out "Truck Paper" Many people gravitate to those trucks because they

have no idea they can get so much more for there money in a class 7 or 8 truck. I'm sure you have

noticed that those Ford an Chevy's are very prevalent in the armature racing world, because those

guy's are familiar in those units. They need to widen there view. Yes new 7/8 trucks can be big bucks. But

if your patient an keep your eyes open there are some great deals out there. Don't look past our

members trucks that come up for sale, lots of good pickins there, again JMHO.

Again "WELCOME ABOARD" please ask lots of questions. This is a great place to bounce ideas around.

HAPPY HUNTING an HAPPY TRAILS

roadfitter

roadfitter

2000 T-2000 10 speed autoshift DD430/500 H.P.

2001 Alfa 39' Toyhouse

http://community.webshots.com/user/roadfitter597

Holiday lite trucks.

I'm not sure about the axle ratio. It ran about 1600-1700 rpm at 70-75 the best I remember. I'm not following you about service. This is a commercial truck. It was made after the 9000s or the Louisville line. It was one of the first "aerodynamic" type trucks produced I think. Ford carried the name through the late 90s I believe before they changed to Sterling. There are still several of them on the road.

Putting a value on an unseen vehicle is a fool's game. For a truck like you're looking at, start with scrap metal pricing. Sounds harsh, but that was never a huge selling combination of engine/transmission/rear end/truck manufacturer. I flipped a Freightliner cabover last fall, that I picked up for $1500. Came with a stack of receipts for engine work, decent tires, etc. I held it for about 2 months, and sold it for $4000. The buyer wanted a cheap truck to keep as a spare for his emission-crippled new model.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

T shears,

The Fords ended up as Sterlingsoon. Parts are still available, but it was a low priced standard truck so it will be noisy and rough. The mileage is low, but that should be a $7k to $9k truck in "good" condition. IMO.

Curt

2001 Freightliner Century, 500hp Series 60, Gen 2 autoshift, 3.42 singled rear locker.

2004 Keystone Sprinter 299RLS (TT)

2 & 4 Wheelers!

2013 Polaris Ranger 800 midsize LE

Our motto "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!"

Depending on where you run and the weight of your trailer, could be a little light on the HP. If you get into it, get the engine SNO & call Cummins, maybe it can be tweaked a little.

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

Depending on where you run and the weight of your trailer, could be a little light on the HP. If you get into it, get the engine SNO & call Cummins, maybe it can be tweaked a little.

I run mostly in middle Tennessee with a yearly trip to Myrtle Beach or the gulf. My camper weighs about 14k. I think I've read before that they could be turned up some. I don't get in a big hurry anyways.

Assa real nice lookin' truck! With (what looks like) a set back front axle you should get in almost anywhere. If you get the SNO of the engine (not the truck), call Cummins & they'll clue you in.

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

Archived